Author Topic: District 5 Chuck Hunt Anyone???  (Read 23113 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
District 5 Chuck Hunt Anyone???
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 12:34:39 AM »
ok... then we'll shoot for mid may... let me see what I can do about a place I got in mind for a check in and picnic...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Bluedog

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 10:16:59 AM »
Let's do this...is it going to be a "team" or individual effort?  I think two man teams would make things interesting.  How bout it?
A 1 inch group at 100 yards.....dont mean nothin.

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »
The team approach sounds good. I'm in favor of either but its always nice to have somebody to witness that moment when you pull of a great shot for future story telling.    :lol:  You make the call.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:46:59 AM »
was talking with some people today about the mid May time frame... that's out, spring turkey... can't hunt till noon...  ok here's the official announcement... June 10th... Ground Hog hunt... start at sunrise... check in at 5:00PM... location to be announced... there will be a a picnic afterwards details to follow... :mrgreen:

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »
so....it seems my post got hijacked by District 2 folks(just kiddin)....LMAO...anyone from District 5 have some ideas?.....Dale is setting the pace with some great ideas. i think we should follow suit (but no neck ties...Dale dont wear them...lmao...you'll have to ask him sometime what neck ties are really used for...lol) with his ideas. come on folks...lets get this pulled together.

-Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »
sorry Woody, didn't mean to steal your thunder... I started a post about this somewhere but people are still yapping on here about it...

ya'll find that other post, quit getting me in trouble...   :mrgreen:

just went and found it, it's in the Upcoming Events at the top of the page...

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:17 PM »
:lol: ............... :wink:
- Channing Pollock

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 09:00:13 AM »
Woody,

I'm in district 6, but not too far from you district 5 folks.  If something gets planned, I'm interested.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 03:21:36 PM »
just my unsolicited opinion but dist 2 and dist 4 are the only ones with enough members to hold any type of district events by themselves... until we get enough members in the club through out all the districts, I'd like to see anything held open to all districts... I know it's a lot of traveling for dist 5, 6 to make stuff in the east here but at least it's available if you want to...   8)   hate to see my Brothers left out in the cold due to low memberships in their districts...  :mrgreen:

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 08:15:40 AM »
Dale,

I think it's great if all members are invited to all events.  I think it's also ok if district 5 or 6 wants to host an event from time to time as well.  Maybe the turnout would be much smaller, but hunters, such as myself, would get a chance to see members from my own district at a local event, as well as members from other districts at a district 2 or district 4 event.  You can never have too many hunting events (just my opinion).   :D

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 10:28:24 AM »
that's for sure... never to much fishing either...   8)

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »
Maybe all the western districts could get together and hunt as a group so there would be more members attending.
Hey Woody, if your hunt is on a different week than our hunt, I'll come up and hunt with ya. Maybe even bring another member or two. I probably wont' be allowed to hunt in more than one district but I don't have to actually compete, right??   :wink:  It would be another great day out hunting if nothing else.  :mrgreen:

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
I didn't mean to scare everybody off. I keep to my own neck of the woods I guess. :lol:

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »
if we do it in May we lose 1/2 the state where there's spring turkey hunting...

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »
sorry it took me so long to respond.....i very much like the idea of having other district members up our way to the N.W corner. but i think it'll have to be a post-hunt get together....ya know...bbq, suds(your pick), weight-ins...pictures and such. i'd hate to invite all these members up to my area and not have enough turf to satisfy everyone.....letting all my property owners know what i have planned...they might not be too keen to that aspect...(all these hunters they dont even know on their land). then it turns out to be a flop and nobody has a good time. i gotta worry about gettin everyone to their respective fields to shoot over and play tour guide beings nobody will know their way around....then if somebodys field goes dry i gotta worry about getting them to another to get some shooting in and such.
i can find a place to have a bbq and weigh-ins (if ya wanna) and have a general good time meeting and greetin and tellin tall tales of our 500yd kills and all. that wouldnt be a problem....but orchastrating a hunt on enough land to keep everyones barrels warm and content is the problem...at least in my eyes. i can however guide 3-4 fellas up on my turf if anyone is interested.....i got a cam-corder and we can have some fun with that filming shots and such.

so....lets shoot for June after the spring gobbler season is over. maybe saturday the 17th??

give me some feedback everyone

-Woody
- Channing Pollock