Author Topic: WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4274 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
just a short synopsis of the days events......details will be posted later by all who attended.

first and foremost....i cannot thank all those who attended. YOU made the event the HUGE success it was. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! 8)

thanks to all who volunteered their time throughout the day, thanks to the event committee..awesome job gentlemen! thank you to the seminar speakers, vendors, all those who drove in from out of state, FOXPRO!!, all those who donated items for our raffle, all those who donated for the door prizes....and a BIG thank you to those who entered the calling contest......YOU GUYS ROCK!! took alot of courage to do what you gents did...each of you did a great job and you all truely blew the judges away....i know cause i was watching all their reactions to all the fantastic calling skills displayed. a speacial thanks to the calling contest judges.....Dave Dunbar, Mike Dillon, Steve Dillon, Andrew Lewand and Pete Hower.

Calling Contest results are as follows...

1st Place~ Ernie Wilson "Buckwheat"
2nd Place~ Curtis Houser "Bootmud"
3rd Place~ Tim Deckard "Lookn4Fur"

Congrats to Ernie, Curtis and Tim.....and ALL the contestants!!!!

gonna sign off now...group of us are headed out for dinner and B.S. session....

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)  8)  8)  8)

~Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »
What a great day! Hot, but still a kick butt day. Learned some new things from the speakers and all of them were great! The vendors were awesome and had a different variety of products. I got to meet a lot of new faces and got to meet up with some that I have already met. If I didn't say it, it was a pleasure meeting every one of you today.

The contest...wow. My favorite part of the day. It was awesome going up against some of the best (probably the best) callers in PA. In some ways, I really didn't want to win the contest. Just the satisfaction knowing I was the first young adult to enter and call in the very first Pennsylvania Predator Calling Contest, is rewarding enough.
To Bootmud and Lookn4Fur, you guys did an EXCELLENT job of calling today. I can only hope that I can call like you guys in future. L4F, that chicken distress caught me off guard and sounded awesome! Congrats to you both!!!

I sure wouldn't have wanted to be a judge, everyone sounded excellent in my book!!

Buckwheat, CONGRATS on 1st place man. It was just getting to meet you in person today and talking a little bit. You blew me away with your calling today. I can't wait to see how you do in Kansas. I am sure you will do great! Congrats again, and good luck!!!

Uncle Buck and Lookn4Fur, I think you guys did a really great job today on the seminar for the kids. The goodie bags are awesome!

I'd personally like to send out a big thanks to Mike Dillon and the rest of the Foxpro staff for letting the PPHA use their facility. A big THANK YOU to  you Woody and the PPHA members that volunteered to make this day turn out so great!

I can't wait until next year!!!
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »
most excellent... sounds like ya'll had a great day... wish I coulda been there but just can't afford 2 trips back to back...

Ernie congratulations on the win... I know there was some stiff competition there...

my hats off to all who worked so hard to make this thing happen...  8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 12:38:39 AM »
Thanks to all who worked so hard to make today happen....

Ernie, Curtis, Tim... Congrats you guys sounded great

it was a pretty close event... . The bar has now been set for next year... and it was set pretty high. The "Mistress in distress" will be hard to beat. lmao Maybe when season opens we can all get together and do some hunting....

Dave D. it was a pleasure to talk with you..... I am looking forward to getting out some time and hunting with you... let me know when you are up my way.... I could learn a ton from you on day hunting....

Woody... Thank you for your work, and it was nice to finally meet you... And Thank you to all those who helped out, and to Steve, Mike and everyone at FoxPro.

Steve Frye

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
Sounds like a great event, I'm mad I had to miss it!  Congrats to everyone in the calling contest, and good luck Buckwheat in Kansas.  Thanks for everyone who put forth any effort to get this off the ground.  Awesome!
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
What a Day
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:59:34 PM »
First let me say congrats Ernie, Curtis and Tim, and all the guys that were in the calling contest!  Second, an extra congrats goes out to you Ernie, and good luck at Kansas, wouldn't it be great to bring the title home to a member of the PPHA!!!  Third, I would like to thank the PPHA members that dontated their day to help out with the event.  Joe, George, Jeff, Ben S., Paul, Tom, Ben W., without your hard work the event would have not been what it was...a HUGE success!  I would also like to say a big thank you to all of you that put on the wonderful seminars.  I myself only have one year of predator hunting under my belt, and I have been hooked since the first night I stepped into the woods.  These seminars gave me lots of wonderful tips and insight into you guys that have 20+ years experience.  All the small but important things that can increase your odds in the field.  I also would like to thank all the vendors that were on display.  It was nice talking with all of you and seeing your products.  I actually got my first call now so I guess its time to start practicing.  Also, I can not forget to thank Foxpro, and their staff, for the gracious use of the facilities for the day.  Lastly I would like to say that one of the most enjoyable parts of the day was being able to meet everyone that I did.  A firm handshake is all it takes from one of you guys and you can stand and BS like you've known someone for years.  
Again Thank you PPHA for the wonderful day!!
To Everyone I have forgot to mention, a big thank you to you all!! :D
~mountainfox

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
I would like to add two guys I think were left out of the thanks. They drove up from Chambersburg on Friday morning, worked until suppertime and went home, only to be back early Saturday and work wherever and whenever they were needed all day.
A big thank you to father and son, Charles and Harold Souders,,,,,
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline hwyflyr

• Junior Forum Member
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:10:59 AM »
thanks.  dad and i had a great time there. we were just happy to help out where we could. already planning on helping out at the next expo. now if i could just figure out how to put the 25 ton a/c unit through a window. :lol: