Author Topic: 1st whistle pig of the season  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Cannon Hollow Hounds

1st whistle pig of the season
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:18:22 AM »
Killed him today with my .17 HMR running at about 80 yds. My beagles had been carryin on all morning in the kennel. Went out and seen that chuck in my upper field. Went in got the 17 went out and he took off runnin. I figured what the heck, he was quartering away and getting closer to the woods so I let one eat and rolled him in his tracks. Damn I love that gun..lol.. and spring is officially here !   CHH

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:14:56 AM »
good going pal it almost time to really give that gun a workout :lol:  :D
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:21:17 AM »
this weekend is supposed to be nice maybe a couple might be out.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »
good shootin! i just now seen my first one top-side today....still too darn cold up here for them yet. talked to a buddy of mine near carlise....he said they are out in mass droves down there.
gotta start crankin out some loads for the 220. i can hear her in the cabinet screaming to taken out...lol.

-Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:50:31 PM »
I'm going tomorrow and see what happens. Its supposed to feel warmer although not as much sun. I'll let you know the results.

Offline Cannon Hollow Hounds

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:25:35 AM »
Woody,  I see your in Meadville. I'm right up here by Woodcock Lake..lol..Probably dern near shoutin' distance. Maybe we can get together sometime for some huntin'    CHH

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
well heck......if your shootin them already and you aint but a stones throw away.....how come i aint seeing any myself....lol. btw~ the first and only chuck i seen so far was in the field next to the crawford county prison on 198....right down the road from you...you musta got his cousin.....what a coincidence.......if this wind ever lets up lets go callin!!

oh...and you've got a PM.

-Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:42:57 AM »
The first shot of the season connected Saturday morning at a little over 300yds and within a half hour #2 fell. I feel bad cause the second one was standing looking at the farm behind him so I had to shoot him in the back.  :shock:  Both of them were big males, maybe 7-8 lbs. Yesterday I missed the same hog twice around 600yds. He was the only one that would come out and play. The little 32 grainers in my .204 just couldn't find him that far out but I had to try.  :lol: