Author Topic: upgrades to the board  (Read 2649 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
upgrades to the board
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »
I have been learning about how to change the board lately and tonight I believe I succesfully uploaded a way to limit the spam bots from registering on the boards at 5 or so a day like they have.  hopefully in a few weeks maybe a few different things will be happening.  on a side note what I need is someone to test what I did tonight.  log out and re register and you need to use a different email address then you allready have registered with.  then fill out a test name with your username and test behind it.  after the red message put something in the lines that follow.  then click submit.  let me know what the following message says.  then try to register without puting in something after the red message and see if it gives you the message that states a admin needs to approve your account.  thanks to whomever does this.  I only need one or two people to do this to make sure we can still register people and keep spam bots out at the same time.  

the reason why I did this is if you notice every spammer puts stuff in the profile info but the computer sending out the bot does not reed the screen persea.  so you need to be human to get around this one.  if this does not work then I am going to try one more.  thanks and takereasy.  ben smyser
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”