Author Topic: Licenses  (Read 5638 times)

Offline dinosuz

Licenses
« on: October 31, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »
I'm confused with the PA Digest.  What licenses are required for coyote hunting, or fox or raccoon during the archery season, or at any other time?

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Licenses
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
Fur license. For fox you need one.

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:25:31 AM »
All you need to hunt coyotes is a valid Pa Hunters license.  ALL other furbearer's you NEED a Furtakers license.  To TRAP coyote and all other furbearers you need a Trappers license.
Chris Deckard  District 2

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »
I  just want to also say..That you can hunt coyotes and fox on Sundays but not coon. Also as it stands now you will not be able to shoot bobcat  on Sundays when the season starts...   Also you can not shoot coon and or fox during the regular deer season in the daytime but you can hunt fox and coon  at night during the regular firearm season for deer..
It's good that new predator hunters just start off on the right track and not get fined..

Please tell non predator hunters that they can't kill fox without a furtakers license.. Many times they shoot them during the regular deer season and they can get fined for shooting a fox with out the proper license and shooting a fox when the season is closed for this particular time of the hunting season.  I have had kind of disagreements with some of the gun dealers at gun shows.. They told me I was wrong...These are the kind of guys I wish they would get fined so that they would learn a lesson...

Offline dinosuz

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
I want to thank all that answered my question.  However, It appears that if I am hunting for a coyote during archery season (during allowed hours) I need to wear orange.  After hours does (does not) orange need to be required.  In any event, how do I convince a WCO I'm hunting coyote at night if my rifle is the back seat even though it is unloaded?

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
I have been checked by WCO..If you can call it being checked.  As soon as they see you. They know if your a predator hunter or not...
You could get a furtakers license and that would give even more proof that your hunting predators.. Um....I don't remember that you have to wear orange in archery season when your hunting coyotes????I think that is in bear season and the regular firearm season for deer?????

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:09:45 PM »
I'm confused with the PA Digest.  What licenses are required for coyote hunting, or fox or raccoon during the archery season, or at any other time?

No closed season. Unlimited. Outside of any deer or bear season, coyotes may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker license, and without wearing orange. During any archery deer season, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting deer or with a furtaker license. During the regular firearms deer and any bear seasons, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting deer or bear, or with a furtaker license while wearing 250 square inches of fluorescent orange. During the spring gobbler season, may be taken by those with a valid tag and meet fluorescent orange and shot size requirements.
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »
All you need to hunt coyotes is a valid Pa Hunters license.  ALL other furbearer's you NEED a Furtakers license.  To TRAP coyote and all other furbearers you need a Trappers license.
There is no trappers licence it is a furbearers licence , you need an additional permit if you would like to use snares. Just clarifing thats all  ;D
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
I  just want to also say..That you can hunt coyotes and fox on Sundays but not coon. Also as it stands now you will not be able to shoot bobcat  on Sundays when the season starts...   Also you can not shoot coon and or fox during the regular deer season in the daytime but you can hunt fox and coon  at night during the regular firearm season for deer..
It's good that new predator hunters just start off on the right track and not get fined..

Please tell non predator hunters that they can't kill fox without a furtakers license.. Many times they shoot them during the regular deer season and they can get fined for shooting a fox with out the proper license and shooting a fox when the season is closed for this particular time of the hunting season.  I have had kind of disagreements with some of the gun dealers at gun shows.. They told me I was wrong...These are the kind of guys I wish they would get fined so that they would learn a lesson...

UB
 Prove me wrong on this and I have spoke with a Game Com Officer on this issue.

You can hunt coyotes and fox on Sundays but not coon, That is true
Bobcat hunting on Sundays is prohibited is correct
As long as you have the required furtakers licence ,I can not find any info on not being able to hunt fox or coon during the daylight hours of regular firearms season.there is no closed season from Oct 23 to Feb 19 2011   
And the only wildlife permited to hunt on Sundays are Crows , Fox, And Coyote just throwing that one in
 Page 14 of the digest gives you alot of info on this  as does pg 17 I not trying to cause any argument on this issue but you had me concerned about the fox hunting if i were deer hunting, Not like i want to smear a fox with a 30-06 anyhow I just want to make sure we have all the info correct as we are posting I,m not saying im 100% on this issue I just want to be proved wrong son I dont get myself in trouble either

D.Sapko
District 6