Author Topic: Crazy night and no fur!  (Read 2003 times)

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Crazy night and no fur!
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »
I hit a coyote 30 minutes in on our first stand and after a two hour search we never recovered it...so we reluctantly decided to come back in the morning... on the way out we encounter some WCO's who were called by a cranky neighbor..we were of course legit with our stuff but between the search for the yote and that, it took a lot of time off the clock..Next stand was a new farm and we get skunked..next and what would be the final stand was a pig farm that has produced this year already..we were gonna pass on it to avoid over calling it but it was on the way...we set up in our usual spot, a meadow behind some standing corn...called for about 25 mins..nothing. So we decide to really reach out and my buddy starts wailing on his calls..few minutes later my buddy sees eyes coming down the fence row directly behind me and to my left...I spin the gun on the tripod around as fast but quietly as I can.. I cannot see the eyes due to a tree blocking my line of sight but my buddy is locked on with his light..eyes, eyes he keeps saying..I see nothing still..moments later I briefly catch three coyote silhouettes on the horizon and just as fast they are gone..shortly after the wind started to pick up and swirl so we packed it in...was one hell of a night. Wounding the first animal is a terrible thing that fortunately has only happened to me once before..but it really sucks. A search in the morning was fruitless. As for the three coyotes on the last stand, well, it wasn't the first time and won't be the last...but, things like this will inevitably happen and you just got to keep keeping on and constantly try to evolve...
PPHA President

Offline nortpete

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
    • French Creek Calls and Taxidermy
Re: Crazy night and no fur!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »
Even though there was no fur on the ground it sounds like a fun night. Not very often you call in four coyotes in one night.
Nick
Crawford County
French Creek Calls & Taxidermy
www.frenchcreekcalls.com

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:23:57 AM »
Definitely a productive night.
You're doing something right, keep it up

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:57:48 AM »
Most guys, including myself, would consider just calling in one coyote a success.  You called in at least three !  Way to go.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »
Sounds like a great night !!

The rush of seeing eyes coming is what gets my heart pounding......putting them down is just a nice extra.