Author Topic: First Morning..  (Read 5009 times)

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
Re: First Morning..
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »
when he was little i couldn't wait until he started hunting at age 12, then the GC passed the mentor youth season when he was 7 years old.  he was already shooting his .22 for a couple of years.  i took him out for squirrels and he managed to get a couple his first year.  From all of the squirrel hunting he has done over the years he understands when he can move and when he can't.  He does a really good job in the stand and in the woods.  That was the first deer he has ever seen shot with the bow and did comment how neat it was and the sound of the hit unlike with the rifle.

he is getting so big (and mouthy), he will be 12 this year and i don't know where the time has gone.  Although he is my hunting and fishing buddy I also miss the times when he was younger, so enjoy yours while he is young.   I will say this, after every time I take him hunting or fishing he will thank me for taking him when i tuck him in at night.  He truly enjoys the outdoors and appreciates every minute he spends in the woods. 

Like Kenny Chesney says, Don't Blink.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 07:43:46 PM »
Is anyone getting any deer?
President PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:02 PM »
Rains been hurting me from going out for deer. I'd hate to lose a blood trail with this much cover still up. I seen a coyote today standing 10 yards off the road by my house. Must have been pushed or messing around with the huge turkey population we have this year. Now I have to choose what I wanna hunt for.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
If it were me I would hunt for both.
President PPHA

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 05:44:30 AM »