Author Topic: Dove hunting  (Read 2458 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Dove hunting
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:48:16 PM »
Did anyone get out to hunt dove and geese today? It was 93 in the shade here today so I don't think too many guys went out. If you went how did you do?
President PPHA

uncle buck

Re: Dove hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:21:05 AM »
Like you said it's a bit hot... If you bagged a goose or dove you would not have to add rice to them that's for sure....

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
Hmmmm  ??? I didn't even go out Goose hunting....worked on the honey doos so when it cools down I'll be out...it was 104° at 2PM on my deck, and at 3:30 it was 107°...this was in the sun... >:(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
Me still recuperating but have been helping my son out a bit since he purchased a house..Just can't pick up 20 pounds yet for another 2 1/2 weeks.  However I can shoot a shotgun...Just can't take a two barreled elephant gun with me. This weekend the temps are going to drop to 72 Degree...That be that Earl coming up the coast that's going to do that....

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »
seen a bunch of guys out hunting but didnt make it out myself.  still in fishing mode yet.  hitting a golf ball anymore isnt really my cup of tea.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
I'm gonna try to get out this weekend after the cool down. Still looking for a hot spot though. Most of the flyways have been turned into industrial parks.
FayetteNam