Author Topic: Dove Season should be 1 Sept 2010  (Read 1871 times)

uncle buck

Dove Season should be 1 Sept 2010
« on: August 27, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »
Dove season always starts on 1 Sep...That's next week... Remember can't hunt dove until 12:00 Noon...

Hope you all get out and hunt...either hunt the fly way...Get up in the farmers field with the highest point with the wind at your back..Dove like all birds fly into the wind most times.. and when they reach that high spot of the field from the farm lands below...They will be in shotgun range right above you..

Ah if it's not to hot....It's going to be next week by the way...If you can find the fields with seeds in it.. you can walk and hunt them like ringneck or quail and get jump shooting...Neat to hear the whistle of the wings then boom and all those feather flying around you...

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Dove Season should be 1 Sept 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »
I'm ready for Dove and Goose. Foxpro51 and I will be out there. I believe it will be hot the first day.  Good luck to everyone that will be hunting. I have this burning desire to hunt coyote right now. The problem is that I have a Cateract on my right eye and when I look threw my scope of Binocs when it's dark, all I see is a blur. After 9/22, I will be able to see. That will be the day my Coyote season begins. I can't wait. Foxpro51 and I went spotting tonight and we saw tons of Bucks. Lots of big boys for bow season.
President PPHA