Author Topic: Kill light 100  (Read 2731 times)

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Kill light 100
« on: January 26, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
Hey guys just got another kill light this evening. I bought the 100 to go with the 250 I bought last month.Boy what a sweet set up I have now.

I wanted to let you guys know I purchased my lights at Quest Sports in Wampum,PA. http://www.questsportsonline.com/  What great people. They just got a big shipment in of Kill light 250's, 100's and also the hunter packages. The best part is the owner Jon told me if you call the order in instead of ordering online he will work with you on the shipping charges. They also had all the different mounts for scope and shotgun mounts.

I bought this headband from Tactical LED's   http://www.tacticalleds.com/products/Nitecore-Headband-for-D10-LED-Flashlight.html   a couple weeks ago and didn't like it cause my 250 was to heavy for it and flopped around.I kept it cause it was cheap and knew I would eventually get the 100 for scanning and thought it may work for that. Boy I'm glad I did. Last night I put the 100 on it and tried it out and man does it work well. The 100 is smaller and lighter than the 250 so it stays on top of the head and doesn't flop around. Another good thing about it is Tactical LED's is a PA. company always nice to keep it local.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:19:51 AM by zekedogg »
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

uncle buck

Re: Kill light 100
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
Zekkedog thank you for sharing your valuable info with everyone on here.. I appreciate it..You made my day today just by posting your recommendation here on this site!  I'm just in the process of buying another Kill Light for a scanning light... Also I want to mount it on my head.  Your info about the heavy weight of the 250 Kill can save a lot of frustration.. Nothing worse then having a light on your head fight you out there.. I went through that when My hoods on my Nitelite were just a bit to heavy.  Let us know how far you can scan with the 100 Killlight.. Or maybe we really need a heavier duty light holder on top to support the 250 Kill Light.. Anyway just your info on how heavy it can be it valuable.. Thank you also for the web links...Keep up the good work..

Also....thank you for posting the info here to.. I do see members who visit here who will post info on other sites but kind of come here and post things like they agree etc etc but that's about it.. Nice to help brothers and sisters of the PPHA by posting info that can make us all better predator hunters...Sisters I know we have a few women who are members also...Someday we are going to all meet our end of time. What a shame to take our knowledge to the grave..

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Well thank you UB. I'm heading out this evening so I'll let you know how the scanning with the 100 works out. The only thing I'm worried about is not having some type of halo shield on it and I'm afraid it will light me and the rifle from on top of my head....we'll see I guess.
Rick Comport

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
The 250 Kill Light, bulb is recessed way back into the light... Might not even need hoods on the 100 or the 250 Kill Lights????????

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
Well I went out tonight and the kill light 100 on the head worked fine. Didn't flop around, stayed put and did it's job. Unfortunately my son had car trouble and I had to pack up half way through my first set so limited usage. I definitely am going to have to use a  halo shield on the 250 mounted to the .223 it was lighting up the end of the barrel. luckily I checked before I left the house and made a quickie out of Gorilla Tape worked pretty good in a pinch. Don't think I'll be needing one for the 100 on the head though, that seemed to work fine. I could definitely light the edges of fields out to about 80-100 yards with the 100 so I think it will be fine to use for scanning, should be able to pick up eyes easy enough. The biggest plus was going out in the field with no wires. All in all I think this setup will work fine for me at least. It will take some tinkering and fine tuning but I always seem to be tinkering with thinks anyhow so that's nothing new for me.
Rick Comport

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
Notice the 100 Killight price did not change in 2011.  The price is still $99.99 for the kit.