Author Topic: Illuminated crosshair scope.  (Read 2348 times)

worm4man

Illuminated crosshair scope.
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »
Got a new rifle for Christmas, was wondering what type of Illuminated scopes you guys use. I like the 2x7 power for night hunting.
Any suggestions, and I dont have alot of money so a Leupold, or that price bracket is not feasable, at the present.

Justin

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Illuminated crosshair scope.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »
I have a Barska 6-24x50 and it has just a red dot in the center with 11 brightness settings.  Works really well but for nite hunting i would get a 3-9 or 4-12.  6 power  is almost a little much and ya gotta keep the brightness setting fairly low but other than that turn it on play connect the dots and ya got another critter to carry to the truck.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:34:43 AM »
I have a tasco world class ill ret scope on my tikka at this point.  I like it.  the crosshairs a bit bright for the lowest setting though.  the mueller line seems to get alot of attention.  I think their lowest priced one is 130 bucks or something like that.  A lot seem to like them
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:19:29 AM »
Some night you do not need illuminated recticles others you do......Best to have them because some nights it so dark you never see your crosshairs..

Mullers, Truglo, and even Basspro REDHEAD cheapo illuminated  are not half bad.  Funny thing all of these are cheap scopes..there are better ones that are more expensive. Like Nightforce but you have to have some kind of illuminated recticle scope just for those real dark nights if you want to use a rifle.....

worm4man

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »

Got my scope. I purchased the BSA Illuminated one. Should be here tomorrow. Now I will need to decide on a new gun light.

Justin

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:25 AM »
I hope it works well for ya. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”