Author Topic: I am Known Far and Wide as "Far and Wide"  (Read 3926 times)

uncle buck

I am Known Far and Wide as "Far and Wide"
« on: January 18, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
Wow i'm the best ever field mice catcher in Pa... Set weasel boxes (2).  Had the weasels rip the heck out of the caught field mice in the trap.. However after three weeks all I had for my efforts were 8 field mice.. LOL LOL  I did use Weasel lure.. from watching the youtube looks like I should have used cut Muskrat for bait..  Chicken Livers just brought in the field mice.. At first the weasels were tearing the entire field mice right out of the trap..I did throw a few of the field mice inside the box for bait.. Nothing .. just more field mice..  See I saw a weasel where I set restraints the first day.. It did return and then later on it just never returned.. Quite humbling.. I do know that Hern is the Main Man when it comes to weasel trapping... 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:31:56 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I am Known Far and Wide as "Far and Wide"
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
Naw UB, I ain't no Weasel trapper nowadays. Very few Weasels around.
Acid rain, clear crop farming, herbicides, pesticides, asphalt, cement, malls, housing developments and urban sprawl are all factor in the low Weasel population.
I have been humbled the past few years.
Back in the day, my average field Mouse catch was 4-6 Mice per 1 Weasel catch. Use the Mice for added bait/eye appeal.
With 8 Mice caught, in 2 boxes...you were very close on connecting with a Weasel, using my averages.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:34:08 AM by Hern »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:27:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D If Longhair is the Ground Grizz King, and Hern is the veasel King...UB what are you king of??  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I have competition on the BS King spot with jaspr1, so that's out for you too.. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:06:58 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D If Longhair is the Ground Grizz King, and Hern is the veasel King...UB what are you king of??  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I have competition on the BS King spot with jaspr1, so that's out for you too.. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
   I'm The King Of the Most Topic Starters On Here King...
uncle buck
CoyoteJeff
dreamcatcher
Lookn4Fur
foxpro51
220_Woody
Leglifter
bigben
Hern
predator77
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:10:00 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yea, but who started the longest/most viewed thread on this here site??  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:29:54 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 07:49:50 AM »
And it has become contagious, spilling out onto other threads
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 08:06:14 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)                      AMEN!                        :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  Goose you are the biggest abuser and lead HIJACKER on here and should be shot  :-[ :-[ :-[ I would shoot you myself  ::) except the only ammo I have is that reload stuff you gave me  :P and now after Saturdays "Brekie"  ;D and all that talk about chamber pressures and such  :P I am scared to use it   :( :( so you get a free pass this time  :o :o :o........but flap lightly MR  ::) or you may find yourself caught up in a maelstrom of controversy  :o :o................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm humbled it has become so contagious  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Folks read the thread with their morning coffee, and have a laugh  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) then they move to the more enlightening knowledge based threads and learn something  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ You hafta have a draw to get folks involved... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) If I can make someone smile or laugh it's all worth it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)                      AMEN!                        :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  Goose you are the biggest abuser and lead HIJACKER on here and should be shot  :-[ :-[ :-[ I would shoot you myself  ::) except the only ammo I have is that reload stuff you gave me  :P and now after Saturdays "Brekie"  ;D and all that talk about chamber pressures and such  :P I am scared to use it   :( :( so you get a free pass this time  :o :o :o........but flap lightly MR  ::) or you may find yourself caught up in a maelstrom of controversy [/size] :o :o................... 8)

now that's just flat out funny I don't care who ya are...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D So what else is new??  :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D So what else is new??  :o :o :o :o :o :o

There's no bounce in my butt...........just splat !! :o :o (good thing no pics) :P :P :P
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."