Author Topic: Looking Up!  (Read 10667 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Looking Up!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:56 AM »
 :( :( Sad to say, he is all grown up  :( :( and is prone to poor choices! ::) Leaving you on the bench  :P, missing FREE breakfast with his "BUD's"  ;D to "party".  :P , Shouting out!  :o during "quiet time" at "Coyote College"  ::), won't show his "POP's" his favorite ice fishing spots  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( fear of getting out fished  ::) the list goes on..... :'( :'( Well today is "GO BIG or GO HOME" for Lookn4fisher  ::) My best guess is he has driven to Renovo to consult with "Jumper Wilson"  :o :o for the 2 minute drill  ;D ;D....or he could be headed home  ;D with his "Fisher" tied to the roof for the whole world to see  :P :P and making his "Old Pop's" prouder  ;D than proud  ;D ;D ;D....I just hope he doesn't get a "freeze dried" mount  :P :P I'm looking forward to a BBQ Fisher roast on his Patio  ;D ;D.............. 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 10:28:49 AM »
 >:( >:( Looks like this is going to turn into "The Bedford Incident"  ;)................... 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 06:20:26 AM »
 :( :( :( Goose keep your hand ready on the missile launch button  :P :P :P He has to surface sometime  ::) ::) he has to charge his batteries  ;D ;D..........Ping! Ping! Ping!.......L$F aka:Lookn4fur,Lookn4fisher,Lookn4cover  :o :o  Pains me to say I hope you got a lump of coal for Christmas  :( treating your old Pop's like this  :P...come on we're dying to hear the story  ;D ;D...and I can go back to helping Goose get the weather from Purry Co. on
 "this crazy weather"  ::) ::) and I can stop "Looking Up"  ::) it's crooking my neck  :P :P :P............... "Your OLD Pop's"............ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Must be quite the story as he has had time to write a book  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder Ernesto may have led him afoul up there in the high country...  ;) ;) ;)  lets not forget, he has a partner in crime up there in the form of the nefarious Bee's OB...   ::) ::) ::)  it pains me to think what may have befallen your son at the hands of those 2...   8) 8) 8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 05:31:08 AM »
 :( :( Now don't start that!!!!!!!  :-X :-X :-X  His OLD Pop's is worried enough as is  :'( ......He's probably secretly PM'd Hern with all the details ::) can't afford to make him mad  :o might need him next year  ;D time to mend the fences  ::) ::) As far as the rest of us OLD "Coots"  ::) ::) we can all go pound sand  :P :P as he may never divulge the secrets of the mountains and those dirty track up everything Fishers  :o
.........I would suggest a "Fisher Drive"  ::) sorta like "Goose's Beaver drive" but with Fisher's  :P for next year  ;D but he doesn't want to ever hear Old Pop"s advice  :-[ :-[ Anyway a Ranger friend of mine said he thought he saw a person matching his description heading North towards Canada tracking something  :o :o....so we need to give it a couple of days before we launch a recovery :( :( :(......and if the Renovo 2 got him  :P no worries   ;D he will be easy to find  ;) he''ll be sitting on a tri-pod swinging 360 and blowing a B's "Fisher" call  ;D ;D ;D ;D..............8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »
 :( :( :( Now don't pick on the lad to much  ??? ??? ??? he has one up on this old guy that I will admit to  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ he has trapped a beaver and I haven't  :-X :-X :-X :-X so ya got to give him some credit and time ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:15:39 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:11 AM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .........................OK..................... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(...................................... :P..................... 8)                 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 06:26:59 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? How much credit ?????????????????? ??? ??? How much time ????????????????????  ??? ??? ??? ??? I forgot to ask  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[.................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 08:55:22 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D equity line of credit  ??? ??? ??? and a TimeX :P :P :P :P :P You ask!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:55:58 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
Ta Daa!  I'm alive and well pops.  Fisher trapping was a bust. I'm sorry to let you down. :'( :'( :'(  I set 18 traps total.  I had one rain free trap check and it poured the remaining days.  I actually pulled the traps one day early and headed home with my tail tucked deep. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[   I was tired, dirty and needed a bath (so says my wife). 

I saw a ton of deer, grouse, turkeys, two bull elk, an eagle and one snow leopard (aka bobcat) which despite my efforts would not step on my traps.  Thank God I drive a Ford because if I had any other truck I would still be stuck in the wilds of Cameron County, holding onto my secrets. :o :o :o :o :o

I gave it my best but the weather beat me like a rented mule.  Hopefully I will have a better story for you next year.  By the way, I missed you two knuckleheads also. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Imagine that!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »
2 knuckleheads, now that's a classic... 

sorry to hear about all he rain, better luck next year...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 07:09:11 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    The "BESTEST" Christmas present OLD POP's could get  ;D ;D ;D ;D Sonny home and safe from those "Fisherless" forest of Cameron Co.  ::) Well your "Unkle" Hern called that one!  ::) He said those Fisher's feared you  ;) and he was right  ;D ;D All those Fisher tracks you saw ??? they ganged up and trekked up to Potter Co. to escape certain capture  ::) ::) This is the only reasonable and logical explanation of why you got busted  :o :o :o "No Worries" Your other Unkle "Goose"  and I have been working on a super secret insertion vehicle  ??? for next year  ;D Nope not a Drone drop  ;) better than that  ;) we will have you in before those Fisher's know what hit them.... :P :P :P :P :P....................Fisher's are not making a monkey of my boy  :P :P.......Pop is not going to stand for it .... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::).................... 8)

Not a "FORD"...lol
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:11:52 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 06:44:16 AM »
Lookn4NextYear, the weather/rain beat down a lot of trappers. Did anyone in camp catch anything?
I think Heckle & Jeckle ( knuckleheads) had something to do with the rain...
watch this----->    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFZLcde6yM
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:45:21 AM by Hern »