Author Topic: Uncle Buck..  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Uncle Buck..
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »
The Coyotes are getting 'darker' in color in my area the past few years.
I'll let you know when they are all Black, so you can come up and hunt 'em.
Here's one I got this afternoon....

Ever notice a Coyote never takes his eyes off of you? This ole boy was giving me the stare down.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:44:47 PM by Hern »

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Uncle Buck..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
Nice going there Hern. That one looks really healthy though.
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »
healthy and not happy,

good job Hern!!!!!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
Scott, that's funny. No he wasn't happy.
longhair, he was healthy for sure and top dog in the neighborhood
The first thing I said to him was, 'It looks like you had a rough night'
Most  Coyote coward down (lay down) when I walk up. But not this Alph Male. He woof, woof, barked and woofed some more. He wasn't happy with me laying flat on my belly taking pictures.
I made 2 calling set ups this morning while checking traps. I missed a dang burn Coyote. That ticks me off when I miss. Dang nab it.

Offline payotechaser

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »
good job on that yote,last season i had a big male barking and acting up ,mostly the ones i trap just hunker down and try to hide, or bounce around,i like it when they act like a big alpha dog.Ive trapped this year  5 days ,caught one female about 30 lbs.I would like to get out another week or two before buck season.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »
Nice one Hern

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
Great looking corn field coyote. He does look like he is giving you the stair down    mountain dog

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »
Nice Job Hern, won't be long and they should be all black.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »
Real nice!!!!!!!!!
I attended a seminar years back at the PGC building...The so called state trapper talked about the Alpha and Bravo's and the Charleys......

Explained everything you all talked about here.....How the Alpha act in relationship to the Bravo's and the Charley's.

Now this is what he said....When you dispatch a Bravo or a Charley...You walk your hands up their back and when you get to the neck it just a quick....snap.... They cowar...... However he said.....You never do that to an Alpha male or Female.... As you walk your hands up their back ever  so slowly you get...........BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called in a coyote this past week-end...Weird  He or she just gave me that WUFF WUFF WUFF.......Then another WUFF, WUFF< WUFF,.  Thing was close to me too....However I just could not see it's eyes. Here I have the 17 Rem and it stayed there and just did this to me for about 3 minutes...Sound was only 50 yards from me....You think I could see it's eyes....Why I think it was wearing sung glasses......

Yes the WUFF WUFF WUFF....you hear that they are telling ever coyyote in the area that their is danger....

By the way never do the WUFF WUFF WUFF on your  call either...I wonder how many of us think we are barking and we are doing the WUFF WUFF WUFF.

Hern outstanding pictures... I  notice someone who really knows how critters travel the edge of corn and such.  Outstanding trap placement for sure.  Yep that Hern can read terrain for sure!!!!!!!!

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »
Nice looking coyote there Hern good job.
PPHA District 3

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
Nice coyote Hern.  If it wasn't for the tail I'd say it was a shepard.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
Nice lookin coyote hern..congrats! ;D
~mountainfox

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 08:23:02 AM »
Outstanding picture Hern! Any idea what he weighed?

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »
Hern,
That first picture had me laugh'n to myself and think'n of the crow hunt. :D But then I seen the second one and brought back into prospective what really transpired. ;) ( it's an inside joke  ;D)

Was that the one from behind the doughnut shop ? ???

Now if you had a partner and they would have gotten a picture of you belly crawl'n to get the second picture.......that would have been.........PRICELESS. ;D

BTW~ mini marshmellows......noted !!!!! ;)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
Heck, i could probably get hern to crawl on his belly for some mini marshmellows and snap another picture.  Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks? ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!