Author Topic: Door prizes for District #1 Hunt  (Read 3001 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Door prizes for District #1 Hunt
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »
We already have some door prizes for the hunt but if anyone would like to contribute a prize, please contact me at 570-574-1675 or Joe at 570-379-2017.   

Thanks
Scott

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Door prizes for District #1 Hunt
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:24 PM »
Its PPHA paying for door prizes? Since this money hunt was approved what is PPHA gaining from the event? Just wondering how this works?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:02:45 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
no, we didn't ask.   we have some already and are taking donations for others. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
Don't understand. Its a PPHA sponsored event and they are not chipping in? Futhermore, a PPHA sponsored hunt and the club gets nothing. How the heck does that work? I hear there going to have a north central hunt. Wonder how much the are chipping in there?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:11:09 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
We (district #1) didn't ask for anything.   Earl, what has the club received for any other hunt previously held?   

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »
nothing is the awenser scott.  the club did not ask for anything either in return.  but I do know one thing that is nice and this is coming from someone that has organized a few events it is nice to see some participation from the members within the district. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »
the only thing the club has gained were members that wanted to participate in hunts like this one.  I for one am looking forward to it and hope to be able to attend.  I am hoping to be able to atlaest show up for checkin. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
This is not a debate on  the district 1  hunt.....it was approved by the entire board.

District 1 is not asking the PPHA to give any money towards the hunt for food or prizes

50% of the money will go out for prizes
50% will go towards food...thus offsetting any money the PPHA would have given towards this district event. So the PPHA is making out....in addition it is only open to members, therefore any new membership is where the association as a whole will make out.

The topic of this thread is asking for any donations for door prizes.....
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
Ben, according to you  district 6 can have a hunt sponsored by PPHA and give nothing back to the club? Wow that's a bargin
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:55:28 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
why don't you go and ask ian who attends the meetings and have him bring it up to the officers then.  it gets disscussed there.  you know kinda follow the chain of command like you are supposed to and like district 1 has done. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
They did not follow the chain of command. If you remember they posted event before it was approved. Well? Enough of this bull. I do hope you guys are smart enough to take my suggestions on the annual hunt. Your members have spoken as dreamcatcher said. Geez your only taking about $450.00 in prizes. Big decision?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:00:46 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 12:57:29 PM »
Any discussion other than donation offers for the District 1 hunt will be removed from this topic if it continues......please...stay on topic.....

Scott, I will be contacting you....I wont be able to attend but I may have a door prize for you guys
THIS IS SPARTA!!