Author Topic: District 1 Hunt  (Read 10432 times)

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Re: District 1 Hunt
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »
This D-1 hunt will be discussed at the next officers meeting and will move forward only
with the Board's approval. Chill.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »
Scott & Dreamcatcher~ why are details about an unapproved money hunt put in the open for all to read before this is even brought up to the officers? please remove/edit the post in regards to any purse or prize....this wasnt approved. lets not put the cart before the horse gents.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
i removed all my post concerning this hunt
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:58:37 PM by scott »

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »
no Scott, there is nothing in the bylaws saying you can't. money hunts are controversial with some hunters and not all members agree with them. but, i feel that with the proper checks & balances and firm rules in place...those that do not favor money hunts can agree on some middle ground. this money hunt idea of yours will not have a huge payout but allow the winner to make up some gas money from the weekends hunt. so i cannot forsee any cheating as there will only be a dozen or so localized participants....not hundreds of participants state wide. 

this organization has 180+ members with 180+ different points of view on many matters. when both sides to any delema cannot find common ground the PPHA goes nowhere but backwards. its all about compromise and working together for the good of the sport and the PPHA. i'm not shooting down your hunt, but being it could be the first of its kind within the PPHA, the officers should work out the details with the ideas/guidlines that you and Dreamcatcher bring forth. we could vote and allow your hunt to be the first...but it may not be precisely how you want it so that things are fair and balanced. if the PPHA is to start hosting money hunts in the future, there will have to be stingent rules and guidlines set forth to facilitate fair chase and deter any cheating or game law violations. i hope you understand where i'm coming from and i applaud you for your drive in getting a D1 hunt pulled together, really i do.

so, with that said. i'd like for either you or Dreamcatcher to send me a PM with all the details of how this hunt should work in your eyes so that i have all the information to present in our meeting next sunday. we will talk it over, discuss pro's and con's and come to a decision.

thanks buddy. ;)
- Channing Pollock

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
oh, and please repost the details concering checkin locales and times. so people can mark their calenders and make plans to attend. i didnt mean for you to remove everything you said..(i guess you misundertood me ;)).just the details about the money aspect of the hunt until the officers talk this over.

thanks ;)
- Channing Pollock

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »
Nothing wrong with a money hunt but if its sponsored by PPha they should get a least 20% of proceeds from the event or offer membership at a discount rate. Why would PPHA sponsor a money hunt and make nothing or get new members out of the event? Futhermore, libility insurance PPHA pays is not free. I personally think its a good idea but we must cover the bases. SCott im sure your post well be welcome by the majority of members. NICE JOB.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:25:49 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »
Members are covered by insurance, and this would have been a MEMBERS ONLY hunt.  If we wanted to make money on the hunt we would have set it up that way, this hunt was to get everyone together in the District and have a good time and put some fur in the shed and try and get some new members involved. 

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »
this hunt was to get everyone together in the District and have a good time and put some fur in the shed and try and get some new members involved. 

and that folks is what its all about... ;)

- Channing Pollock

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »
Can i have a $2000 to $5000  PPHA sponsored money hunt in district 6 and keep all the proceeds i don't pay out. Maybe i'll get a few members.  Remember, Im just getting everyone together as you said. Got my point. Can't do it without  generating funds or new membership to the PPHA. Why else would it be sponsored by PPHA? Just good business. If your going to do an event like this do it right. I am for that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:42:53 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
maybe that is how you work Earl but that is not my style.   the PPHA is not putting up any money and the only money i will be holding will be the purse and food money, which the officers can hold if they want to be there at checkin.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 07:45:53 PM »
 Scott it does not matter if PPHA is putting up the money. You are using there name to sponsor an event. You could have your money hunt on another web site unless approved by PPHA board. Scott im not trying to harm you but clubs MUST be run in a certain manner. If this club does in fact have libility insurance this event may not fall under there insurance guidelines. Better be safe than sorry. I have been wanting a hunt like this for some time. Glad someone finally put it up for question.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:53:10 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
Earl you need to understand that this club is not a big money making machine, the only reason i am helping with this hunt was said in my previous post.  it is for the PPHA if the PPHA doesn't like it, then so be it we don't have the hunt.  if insurance is a problem then it needs to be discussed, but from my experience it won't matter with the insurance company. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
Once guildlines for money hunts are approved they should be posted so other districts know. THey will find a good event will draw more members and much needed funds to the PPHA. Scott, your guidelines were in order. Also our present membership is 180 according to woody and as of July 31 2009 we had $8738.18 in the bank. Hopefully both these numbers will grow over the next year. BY doing free events it won't.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:10:16 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
if those number are correct and i remember correct without going through many posts to figure it out, we gained about 80 members in a year(that is pretty darn good for predator hunters) and if we have almost 9k in the bank that is great because i am not sure what we are going to do with 9k we shouldn't have many expenses. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 08:18:22 PM »
Yes, they are correct according to dreamcatcher and woody. NOw they have to spend it to bring in more members and better events. Actually, they should be giving your district some funds to get this event started. That's what the money is for.