Author Topic: Dove hunt  (Read 7793 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Dove hunt
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:09:01 AM »
Dove season is coming soon. How many guys would like to see some sort of state wide Dove hunt? Maybe for bragging rights or a small prize if the board agrees to it. Lets talk about it and see where it go's.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Dove hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »
Ha MUTT-- Your only allowed 12 doves. To hard to measure from beak to tail? LOL   Can't weight them. To much lead in them. ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:14:24 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
I was thinking total number over a two day period. If there is a tie then we can have a shoot off. We can keep going until someone wins. The elimination game. It's a lot of fun as the contest progress's.
President PPHA

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
how about who can kill the most doves with the least amount of shells?  LOL.  I would be game for even a dove hunt statewide.  get out and try hitting something the size golf balls that are dippin and divin with a shotgun.  maybe I might do a dist4 activty the same day.  round of sporting clays in the morning and then a dove hunt in the afternoon?  hmmm got me thinkin now. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
A state wide hunt sounds good. Depends on how many guys want to hunt. The more I think about a "shoot off" in the event of a tie the more I like it. Especially if several guys tie the first day.
President PPHA

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:31:23 PM »
I think a dove hunt would be a great idea and someone correct me if im wrong but i think they changed the limit to 15 daily 30 possession at least thats what i think i read online in the federal waterfowl changes.  Either way i have shot very few limits but lots of shells LOL. 

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
I'm game. I think it would be a great idea to have a dove hunt.
Dove hunters, once again, will have the opportunity to participate in a triple-split season. During the first season (Sept. 1-26), hunting will start at noon and close at sunset daily. The second and third splits will be Oct. 24-Nov. 28, and Dec. 26-Jan. 2, with hunting hours a half-hour before sunrise until sunset. In all three seasons, the daily bag limit will be 15, and the possession limit will be 30.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:14:02 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »
I'm not sure about the limit because that's something I've never had to worry about. My high number of doves is 6, I think. Maybe a couple more but no where near the limit. Any more feedback on this hunt?
President PPHA

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
Participants so far, Muttbuster, Foxpro51, Predator 77 for sure. C'mon guys, lets do some hunting. Who else wants to have a great day in the field for some good old fashion competition? Time to get out there and smooth out the rough edges from not hunting for a while.
President PPHA

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
I am game but doubt I would win.  which day are you doing this?  or weekend?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
Well I guess I would win since I set up next to my in-laws bird feeder. LOL
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
How does Saturday the 12th sound? The first weekend is Labor Day weekend and some people won't be available and the 19th is our picnic.

Swarter2, will you be joining the hunt? If so, make sure you keep the feeder full. LOL
President PPHA

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
go for it muttbuster but I allready have prior engagements that day. 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 06:03:17 AM »
It'll be Goose season...sooos I be shootin at bigger birds ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »
I am in if we see who shoots the most and has the leasst number of birds, lol. I am known to scare one to death.