Predator Hunting > Guns and Ammo

Steel Shot

(1/2) > >>

Red Dog:
Hey Guys;
Have four boxes of !2 ga.Mag.3'' steel in BBB.T,TT left over from my duck hunting days.Get a nice tight pattern at 40yds from my gun. Do you think it would do the job on fox.

Thanks;

220_Woody:
yep, that stuff works just fine. just make sure your choke tube is for steel shot. i'm sure you already know this....but i didnt when i bought a box of the same steel shot you have and killed a fox with it last season...scored the heck outta my choke tube....lol. live and learn.

Red Dog:
Woody;
Thanks. Looks like I am good to go.Will use the 30/30 when I am hunting just yotes.My buddy worked up a load for me that I got a one holer at 100yrd with two shots, in the bull

Dale:

--- Quote from: "220_Woody" ---yep, that stuff works just fine. just make sure your choke tube is for steel shot. i'm sure you already know this....but i didnt when i bought a box of the same steel shot you have and killed a fox with it last season...scored the heck outta my choke tube....lol. live and learn.
--- End quote ---

take some fine, 400 grit emory cloth and try polishing it out with some oil... it may clean up without to much trouble...

220_Woody:
thanks Dale, i wouldnt say the choke tube is damaged....just has a few gouges in it...just barely visible and can just make them out by touching the inside of the tube with my pinky. i may give that emory cloth a try. shortly after learning of my mistake by RJF at Buckwheats hunt up in Renovo....i went and bought an identicle choke tube but for steel shot....that stuff patterns beautifuly!
although i will say this RedDog....try to squeeze the trigger outside of 20yds if possible....inside that it tends to make for some unneccessary sewing of the pelt....lol. as i said before....live and learn. :lol:  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version