Predator Hunting > Guns and Ammo

Coyote Rifles?

<< < (11/11)

ElkCrazy:
Well Dog,

Maybe 1" isn't much when your talking custom rifles and handloads??  I was refering to a NEF Handi-Rifle (off the shelf) and cheap Winchester blasting ammo from Wal-mart.

Granted, I could accurize and handload this gun into sub-MOA groups also.  But the $200 rilfe just doulbed in price, at least.  :roll:

BigBlue:

--- Quote from: "ElkCrazy" ---Well Dog,

Maybe 1" isn't much when your talking custom rifles and handloads??  I was refering to a NEF Handi-Rifle (off the shelf) and cheap Winchester blasting ammo from Wal-mart.

Granted, I could accurize and handload this gun into sub-MOA groups also.  But the $200 rilfe just doulbed in price, at least.  :roll:
--- End quote ---

Tim,
I wouldn't be too sure that handloads would change anything. I tried plenty of different loads and that cheap Winchester white box 45gr. JHP ammo outshot everything I put through my H+R .223. They're hard to beat for the bucks!
Don

broknaero:
yes there are definatly times when factory loads out perform reloads. i have one of those ruger compacts in .260 rem. and i cant reload anything that comes close to the .5" groups with rem accutips. so i just leave it alone.
i only want the .19 cause its different, and inharently accurate. and it fits the bill, splits the difference between the .17 rem and the .22 hornet. and im not reloading it right away. calhoon sells loaded ammo for his 3 different .19's at very reasonable prices. i think $27 or $28 a box of 50. thats factory ammo price there.
 if i can do better by reloading, i get all the brass, dies,and .19 cal bullets from him or swagg down .20 cal bullets to .19. and try to load my own. but from what i hear from other .19 cal shooters i wont need to. and he garentees .5" groups from his rifles. ill take that!

psubowhunter:
I use a Winchester Mod 70 .25 WSSM with a Hornady 75gr bullet it gets the job done

BigBlue:

--- Quote from: "psubowhunter" ---I use a Winchester Mod 70 .25 WSSM with a Hornady 75gr bullet it gets the job done
--- End quote ---

Your lucky to have gotten that Winchester Mod. 70 when you did. You would be hard pressed to find it now that Winchester closed it's doors in New Haven, Conn.
Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version