Author Topic: Headlight brands  (Read 2277 times)

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Headlight brands
« on: June 29, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »
 It seems that when the light subject comes up you hear the same brand names over and over.Just wondering if anyone uses some of the other brands such as Brighteyes,Blazer,Western Rivers and many others?Look forward to comments good or bad. 

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Headlight brands
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »
i only use the Nite Lite, I think UB has a Western Rivers that he likes.   I like the nightlight because i can run two lights off the same battery, the headlight and the scope light.  also the battery last almost all night. 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
I like my Western River and I like my Nitelites. even the cheaper $84.00 Nitelites are not bad..However you can not disconect the light when you charge it but that not really a problem.  I have Nitelite Wizards too but it does appear they did away with that model...However when the battery goes just go to battery Warehouse or Battery Plus and they have the replacement insert there,, Never ever throw away you outside of your batteries thinking you have to buy a entire battery encased.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
Uncle Buck, What model Western Rivers light do you have?I also use Nite Lite and Western Rivers and both have performed well.They are 6 volt units that burn all night.I have thought about going to a more powerful light although 6 volts is adequate.I suppose its human nature to want more.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
My Western River has the Mine Light head...All of the Nitelites I have use The Head Light. I probably changed the Wizard battery out twice now just using the insert battery from Battery Plus..Both of the lights use different pop covers.

It does not take much to light up the eyes of the predator with either of the two brand lights I own.  Make sure you do get one with a Rheostat and order a few extra bulbs when you buy the light.. Best to get on the phone too so they fix you up with the right pop covers..

Stay away from the cheap cash register display head lights... I missed a few coyotes this year because I was using that particular light..Might be good to keep one of these cheap aurz lights in your hunting coat for safety reason should you run out of Nitelite or Western River juice in the field...However just for safety now so people can still see you.

Never ever turn off your light from when you depart your vehicle until you return after your hunt.. As soon as your light is turned off predators see you..You might be making the coyotes smart even if they don't start barking at you. They see you and nexttime you come to hunt there you will never even get their interest. Here you did not even know you got busted after your hunt..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:53:44 PM by uncle buck »