Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Facebook
« on: July 09, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
You know the forms are ok but Facebook is taking over the entire internet for communication. I know a lot of people think Facebook is strange and no place they want to be but it is no more than a huge bulletin board.
PPH a wants to survive we need to move more of our discussions to Facebook. We have a Facebook page we need to start using it. Bulletin boards are a thing of the past. We can keep the bulletin board for strictly club information and events and some other communication but Facebook needs to be where we do the talking. I know a lot of people don't believe this but it is true.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »
I agree with Ernie... I made some nice friends on FB that I never even met yet.  Talk about learning about all kinds of shrooms.. I share my knowledge and they share theirs...One young lady was so kind as to even send me about 50 Horn Of Plenty shrooms. Also one of the predators hunters from Va has informed me of how the area is for predators that i'm going to hunt... One or two of the shroomers do hunt predators and they have invited me to hunt with them in Va if I so desire..."God Helps Those Who Help Themselves!" 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:19:37 PM by uncle buck »

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:18 PM »
110% agree..
PPHA President

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »
 :( :( :( :( My kids won't allow me to have a facebook page  :P :P :P :P :P they think I would really get redneck if I had one!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:02:01 PM »
I agree. But you will never catch me on there.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
We have a FB page, actually we have two now. The original was set up as a business type page where the moderators could make post that are seen by everyone but if anyone else made a post to the page it was separate from the main stream topics of the page. If that makes sense. So it was per say my post front page and everyone else on the back page.
I made a group page tonight labeled as the Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association.

There was already a page of the same name that was made by a past member or officer but it has not been up to date for some time.  The new page has the coyote in the crosshairs with tracks on either side of the pic.

If anyone is interested in joining the group, look it up on FB or send me a friend request and I'll add you to the page.

Attached photo for reference.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »
Cool, Darin. We need that. Just for sheer exposure alone. You know as well as I do the "goings on" on Facebook. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help on that front.
PPHA President

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:48:20 PM »
Quattro just spread the word and get our name out is all we can do. It will spread like a wild fire.
Darin Hosier
Pro Staff

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 01:09:51 AM »
Well the fire started, a couple of hours and we are up to 200 people that are on the new page. It's the best free advertising that we could come up with. 
Darin Hosier
Pro Staff

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 06:05:54 AM »
Unclebuck
It can be a lot of help when searching for any information. There's a lot of people don't have a Facebook page but sooner or later the internet will change how we do things. It's just part of what they call progress and the information highway.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
I'm not one to draw attention to myself but I did post a photo on the new facebook page. I know I like to see the success in the field! Folks like pictures!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:27:36 PM by HDRoadking3058 »
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 04:34:59 PM »
I'm not one to draw attention to myself but I did post a photo on the new facebook page. I know I like to see the success in the field! Folks like pictures!

You are absolutely correct. People eat those photos up.
PPHA President

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »
I also am one who doesn't use Facebook. However, I do recognize it is the new way of doing things.  I'm just one of those guys who simply is content without it and don't have the time to get on it.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »
Well I was on FB for a time. I got off because a young lady from Texas posted a hunting photo of a nice whitetail she had shot and FB removed it.  >:( Someone found it offensive and they removed it, >:(  just that simple. If you post pictures of your kills on there be prepared to be removed if enough people complain to FB that it is inhumane and damaging to small children.  :o  I used to post trail cam pictures and a lot of friends who aren't outdoor people, liked that, even asked me to re-face myself (lol) because they missed the crap coming off my posts. Maybe I will and maybe I won't ,just saying why I got off.  :P :P :P :P :P :P.......... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I Know I shouldn't comment on jaspr1's post  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)....but boy could I have fun with " even asked me to re-face myself".....I'm laughing at some of my own ideas on that one 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member