Author Topic: Why do we hunt, trap, and fish?  (Read 2390 times)

uncle buck

Why do we hunt, trap, and fish?
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »

Because God said it was OK.

Now the bible does say in Genesis Chapter 9, Verse 2-3...
2..And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3..Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Why do we hunt, trap, and fish?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
also because we have canine teeth, eyes in the front of our heads, and thumbs. 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
also because we have canine teeth, eyes in the front of our heads, and thumbs. 

Ah yes but God did that to us...

Offline 221 Fireball

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 06:21:53 AM »
Good point U B we as hunter's, fisher's and trapper's are a group of people with a passion. It is what we enjoy, what we do. We are no different with our thing as what the classic car people are to the collection of cars, they invest time too. Or the golfer who hits the links 3 times a week. etc. etc.  My time in the field, streams or on the range is a pleasure to me and freedom that I dont take for granted for even one second. We've all had that thrill of that long shot on a ground hog, or the buck sneaking in, or setting that hook on a nice trout. I still remember the first deer like it was yesterday, a moment with my dad and brother that i'll never forget. And time spent you'll never get back. I've learned that as a new parent (4yr old boy, 2 yr old girl and 4 mo. old boy). I have a lot of first ;D memories to make with the numbers on the those 3 and i'm going to cherish every moment.