Author Topic: What type turkey calls do you like?  (Read 2403 times)

uncle buck

What type turkey calls do you like?
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
I like to call critters but I have never called in a turkey and shot it...I have called in turkey but not in season... Now I know how to do it but I just don't go turkey hunting...Many an acquaintances tell me that it's easier then calling coyotes and fox...I will have to try it maybe this Spring....

Now I do like the sound of a slate call...So I kind of like friction type call. Diagrams ????Um they make me gag so I know I do not like them...

Now I heard that once they get a bit smart you can outsmart them with your human voice...I can do that pretty good.. Yelps.......in other words..

What turkey type calls do you like?

A week ago I went for a walk in the woods and I heard turkeys so...That probably where I should go and try to call in a gobbler.....They be there so that is one of the secrets find the gobblers and then go after them.....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:00:43 PM by uncle buck »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: What type turkey calls do you like?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »
If I had my choice it would be the Quaker Boy Split Quad diaphram and a Quaker Boy Slate Call. The slate is awesome but more times than not I get caught calling by a sneaky hen or jake, so I call soft with a diaphram but it has to have atleast 3 reeds or I squeak to much.
FayetteNam

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »
A coffee can with corn in it caller. Shake the can with the corn in it and turkey's come running. Really, i got 5 goblers behind my house who are trained. LOL. My wife and i got pictures.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »
My choice would be a Pittman diaphram and Ray Toms glass friction call with a wood sound board.