Author Topic: New Noxx Xplorer headlamp.  (Read 3456 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
New Noxx Xplorer headlamp.
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
I recently bought one of these headlapms from Boondock outdoors. I love this. Compared to the big bulky headlamps I've been using for years from NiteLight lights. My only complaints are I wish it took the same battery as the Kill light and it has a bit of a halo. I can fic that with an old 35 mm film tube though. I love that fact that it really zooms in and I took it out the other night during the full moon phase and it was plenty bright enough on the low setting. The price is great and the light is light weight and the beam is great. I would suggest this one to anyone looking to get a new headlamp.
FayetteNam

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New Noxx Xplorer headlamp.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »
Ian glad you line it. Headlamps have come a long way. We have some members and sponsors who are selling some great headlamps.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »
I have one too Ian and I like the idea it doesn't take the Killlight batteries! AA are readily available in my discount store I visit!  I think it will be a great shot gunning light!
I have not checked it out for zooming! If it does that! Zoom to a tight bright spot then it will be good just as good as the Killlights!  Tonight I will have to check out the zoom capabilities!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »
Ian! Your so right on this light!  For the price and with it's zoom capabilities it's going to be one heck of an outstanding calling tool!  I should have purchased two from Boondocks!!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:27:32 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
What kind of run time are you guys getting with this light??
district #1

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »
Depends on the settings. I usually always have mine on the low setting because to me, it's plenty bright enough. I can get 9 to12 hours on this setting. If you use the high setting it will give you a strobe warning that its getting low and then I will go to the lower setting and get a couple more hours from it. It's so much nicer to use over my big bulky NiteLite headlamps.
FayetteNam