Author Topic: Upcoming years officers  (Read 3503 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Upcoming years officers
« on: February 24, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »
I am making this post to inform the membership that many of the current officers will not be running for next years offices. They have already given so much volunteer work to help keep the association moving in the right direction and i thank them for doing what they have through the years.  Nominations will be coming up in a few months and i would like to ask the membership to think about running for office later on this summer.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Upcoming years officers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
If there are any questions as to what the duties of any particular office are,
please post questions here.
Also, here is a link to the ppha bylaws that are posted in the top list of the "ppha club members" forum which are only visble to paid PPHA members.

http://www.ppha.us/docs/PPHA%20bylaws%20amendments%20as%20of%2011.16.09.pdf

If you are a paid PPHA member and cannot see the members only section of the forum let me know,through a private message and I will see that it gets straightened out asap
 thank you
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:27:57 AM by Leglifter »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
Ttt

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
I'd like to run for president of PPHA.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
To re freshen

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
It would be great if we considered establishing a position of Legislative Director / Public Relations Officer to work with the pgc to advocate for predator hunting opportunities.  Just an idea...  Everything is so skewed to favor trappers in this state.   Nothing against trapping as I've been a trapper and am cable restraint certified.  Predator hunters just kinda get the shaft when it comes to the Bobcat.  It is like putting the deer rifle season before archery season..?  We are a low impact sport only taking at most 10-20% of the fox in PA.  While we are at it we may be past time for a fisher predator hunting season as well as an expanded trapping season for fisher as well.

Since no members have engaged on this post I'd like to throw out there that I think Joe Bizub or Ernie Wilson would make great presidents, Damian Fowler would be a great Vice President, Tim Decker a great secretary, etc.  Heck, if half of us spent 10% of the time on PPHA that we do surfing the internet...we collectively would accomplish amazing results!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:51:04 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:24 AM »
That's a good thought, I'm sure that may be on the list for one of the things that an incoming president may want to do.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »
I was contacted and notified that I was nominated for the position of president of PPHA.  I also understand that Rick Comport was nominated to be president.  For club unity, I have decided to not run for president but to let Rick have the position.  After his term, if we need a president I would consider such.  I am not planning to run for any positions or accept any until that point in time.  I wish Richard Comport much success.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »
The nominations are over and all that were nominated go uncontested into the next term, starting in September.

Your next officers are:

President ---Rick Comport (zekedogg)
Vice president ---Jason Raudabaugh (Bulldog)
Treasurer ---Joe Bizub (dreamcatcher)
Secretary--- currently vacant

District 1 coordinator---vacant
District 2 coordinator---Jake Clevenger (Misterjake23)
District 3 coordinator---Jeff Millinder (coyotejeff) and Bob Huston (dibo (Bob))
District 4 coordinator---vacant
District 5 coordinator---vacant
District 6 coordinator--- Delbert Sapko (Grass Stain)

Congratulations gentlemen
Good luck to you
and most of all,  thank you for stepping up to the task and giving your time and energy.
Thank you for carrying the PPHA through yet another year,
I wish you all great success.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me
Thanks again
Bob

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »
Good to see some new members stepped up to lead the club. Thanks for your donated time to move this club forward. Looking forward to another good year.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!