Author Topic: Ppha camping/picnic weekend. Buttonwood  (Read 26467 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Ppha camping/picnic weekend. Buttonwood
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
The weather is starting to look better. Im ready for this weekend
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
You bringing bait for catfish?  I don't have any.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2013, 11:25:45 AM »
Not bad.  Here is what I am showing for Mexico, PA as of right now.

Friday
May 17

Partly Cloudy Hi:75°Lo:53°

Partly Cloudy. High 75F. Winds NW at 5 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:8

Parcipitation 0%

Saturday
May 18

Mostly Cloudy Hi:71°Lo:55°

Mostly Cloudy. High 71F and low 55F. Winds SE at 5 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:2

Pacipitation 0%

Sunday
May 19

Scattered Thunderstorms Hi:70°Lo:58°

Scattered Thunderstorms. High 70F and low 58F. Winds SE at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA

Pacipitation 20%
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
Im gonna try. We'll see what i can catch.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »
I got some trout an if Ben can't get any I'll hit my dads pond

Offline Aries

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
I would like to know if there's anything I could bring for the club? GF heading up tomorrow so we'll be cutting out friday morning. Let me know? It's gonna be interesting with me on 2nd shift sleep schedule.   

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »
Not that I know of.  There is a store close by if we forget anything.  Have a safe trip and we will see you there.  Don't forget chairs to sit around the campfire.  Fishing rods if you wanna fish and kayaks, canoe or boat if you are into that.  My family will be making a kayak trip Saturday but anyone is welcome to my kayaks after that.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
I would like to know if there's anything I could bring for the club? GF heading up tomorrow so we'll be cutting out friday morning. Let me know? It's gonna be interesting with me on 2nd shift sleep schedule.

I work 2nd shift as well. I get 4-5 hrs a night of sleep
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Aries

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013, 01:37:58 AM »
Didn't have any way to haul up my kayak but we're gonna look int a canoe rental if they allow ButlerDog on board 8) 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 06:56:52 AM »
I wouldnt know why they wouldnt.

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 09:33:22 AM »
Any gun ranges nearby?
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 09:59:40 AM »
No. Only one i know of is an hour south in carlisle

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2013, 03:11:37 PM »
Enjoyed putting faces to names this weekend.  Thanks for all the tips and laughs to.  I will definitely look forward to next year.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »
Good to meet you scott. Good job on a nice catfish

Offline Aries

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »
Just want to say "Thanks You" for such a great time! It's been years since I've done any camping and it was a 1st for Janice. She's already talking about when her and I can do something like that again. Butler had a great time also, he enjoys all the attention.