Author Topic: PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend  (Read 34619 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »
Bigben
If Tim were to dance, he would make that guy look like a wall street city slicker.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »
All packed up ready to roll

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »
everything is packed up and ready to go except for the beer and fruity drinks for the lady..and also debating bringing my own food because me n her eat based on the paleo diet which is just meat fruits veggies and nuts...what kind of food will be at the community tent?

Typical picnic fare. Sausage burgers hotdogs chips.  Any special dietary needs your responsible for.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
ok cool..thanks big ben..ill be bringin some stuff but we can eat burgers and sausage also...now im really ready...cant wait
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:14 AM »
can't wait.  the weather looks great for this weekend.  got the stuff packed up in the truck and soon I'll be heading over the mountian.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »
I always carry a lighter on me to burn ticks...gonna take Cooper coyote hunting around midnight if we decide to go

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »
ill have alighter as well...and dont forget to plug in ur call and light nightmare..lol...hopn to be there around 5..see everyone there
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
It is with great regret and dissappointment that I must inform you that I have left and I am on my way.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
It is with great regret and dissappointment that I must inform you that I have left and I am on my way.
lmao

im leavin now
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:58:36 PM by Cooper13 »
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2012, 11:24:44 PM »
I am spent, we had a great time in the little amount of time I could stay!  The kids slept a good deal on the way home, which was good.  Daddy napped on the recliner from 12-2:30pm then packed the truck for the end of year scouts cookout, was a blast.  We didn't get home until around 9:30pm!!!

Glad to meet everyone, all great people, and loved to chat up not only about hunting, but lots of other social activities.  I could of used a set of ear protection LOL  those trains ran about every couple of hours, but what the hell, I have endured worse, like the time a couple was drunk and fighting in another campground around here, and got thrown out ;)

We'll be attending this outing again, missed not being able to say goodbye to everyone, but hope to participate more as my time allows!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and have a couple more beers for me!!!!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
Well I'm home. I had a great time this weekend. Even though no one thought the siren going off at 330am was funny. Any ways I had a blast. I plan on attending next years outing and making my own batch of apple pie.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
swarter i was laughing soooo hard wen u set the siren off...i was pretty drunk thanks to ernie and his everclear...we had a great time...was nice meeting everybody and thanks for letting us come out and join u guys...will def be doing it next year if it gets set up..thanks again guys..had a blast
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
Cooper, if you want to get out sometime, you can find my contact info under contact exchange.  I can get out during the week at night and maybe a Saturday night.  All depends on work and the kids schedules.

Swarter, too funny, I did NOT hear anything until around 5:30 when the train went by, and my little one woke me up, he was off the air mattress and on the ground freezing :(

I am going to buy a travel trailer later this year, like I was saying, it's the only way my wife will go camping LOL

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
thanks to everyone that came out this past weekend.  still haven't unpacked the trailer yet and just getting caught up on some sleep.  Thanks to tim for helping set this up and helping through out the weekend.  thanks to jason, tim, shawn, and bob for cooking when I couldn't get er all done.  the weather was great as well.  anyone that missed it missed a good time.  will post pics later then.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Thank YOU Ben! and everyone that made this possible