Author Topic: northcentral hunt results  (Read 2561 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
northcentral hunt results
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
The weather was perfect for this years northcentral hunt.  A little windy for most of the state on friday night but saturday and saturday night into sunday morning resulted with great weather.  The luncheon saturday was attended by members Ben Smyser, Frank Smyser, Tim Dekard, Jake Dekard, Jason Raudabagh, Curtis Houser, Bob Huston, and Bobs wife.  Raffle prizes were won by Jason Raudabagh, Curtis Houser, Tim Dekard, Jake Dekard, and Bob Huston.  No one participated in the team hunt concept this year.  Sunday checkin at noon yielded one red fox, and two coon harvested by Tim dekard,  and a grey fox that Jason Raudabaugh harvested saturday night.  I want to thank those that participated.  Special thanks to yesterdays hotel and resturant for allowing us to use their meeting room. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: northcentral hunt results
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
Thanks Ben for everything you did.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
Looks like you all had a good time.Your hard on those coon Tim.I really wanted to be there but just wasn't possible.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
yep it was a great weekend for me.  it was my first real weekend out this year.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
Wat to go guys. Wish I could have been there but was chasin a big buck down my way and the rascal seemed to elude me again. Oh well!
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
Just wanted to say me and my wife Diane had a good time at the luncheon and it was nice meeting everyone their. I went back out Sunday morning looking for that black coyote I hit on Friday morning could not find him but just to let you guys know I would of driven back up on Sunday. Hope I get a chance to hunt with you guys someday.
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
Good job guys.
Sorry I wasnt able to make it this year.
Hopefully you will continue this one, and I can make next years

Congrats Tim
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 09:10:57 AM »
Way to go gang. ;)...Sorry I wasn't there :( Maybe next year... 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »
Yea, I could not make this hunt either, just getting out for red fox at home is all I seam to have time for this fall. I only spent one day in the mountains so far this fall. That is a first!
Congrats to the guys that made it to the hunt and the guys that won. Good job!
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!