Author Topic: Northcentral hunt  (Read 2363 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Northcentral hunt
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
Hunt starts on Friday (Nov 11th) morning at 12:01am
Luncheon at yesterdays hotel.  noon saturday (Nov 12th).
Hunt ends on Sunday (Nov 13th) at noon.  Checkin will follow right at noon at pavilion located south of renovo on rt 144. 

Fox--7
Raccoon--3

There will be two divisions for this years northcentral hunt.  Individuals and a team division I will explain next.  In the individual division shooter takes credit for the kill if two or more guys go out hunting together.  Team division will be something new we have not tried yet.  On Saturday at the luncheon anyone that wants to participate in the team division needs to place their name in a hat.  we will then draw names for teams of two people.  Those two people will hunt together from the end of the luncheon till checkin.  The point for this type of hunt is to get more ppha members to hunt with one another.   

Prizes for this hunt will be 1st place only.  The winner for individual hunt category is a 50 dollar gift card.  The winners for team division will be 50 dollar gift card to each person on the team. 

Like in the past you are allowed to hunt anywhere in the state but in keeping with the spirit of the hunt we would like to see members hunt in the northcentral part of the state at some point.  Checkin will be a physical checkin south of renovo.  There will be no internet checkin for this hunt. 

Yesterday's Hotel & Restaurant address and contact information.
100 3rd Street
Renovo, PA 17764
570-923-2642
http://www.yesterdayshotelandrestaurant.com/index.htm

Along with yesterdays hotel providing a place for the luncheon they also offer affordable rooms and good food at their resturant.

Members can bring a guest to participate for a one time hunt at $10.00 that must be paid no later than Saturdays Luncheon.  That ten dollars will count towards a membership if applied within ten days of the hunt.  The sponsor must hunt with the guest however.

Members are encouraged but not required to bring a door prize to be given away at the saturday luncheon.

Any questions feel free to pm bigben or email Ben Smyser at bens@pa.net
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Northcentral hunt
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
I'm in, Thanks for the leg work, Ben
Cheers,
Bill

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm really considering coming up for this. I need to get out and talk with other predator hunters and learn some techniques. Is longhair going?
FayetteNam

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »
 :( Might be tough for me to make this one :o I planned to set some steel that weekend as I have four days off  8) Tough to run from Renovo to check traps  :P but we'll see ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
I'll be there.  Thanks ben.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:12 PM »
P77 I would call longhair and ask him.  in the past he has came up with leglifter.  not sure if he is planning on it or not. 

Im looking forward to this hunt.  I am planning on doing all my hunting north of I80 this year.  I have a few spots I have checked out since last year and they look good.  along with one area that has always held animals but never have had a chance to call it.  hopefully the weather is as good as it is this weekend but that is asking a lot with the way the weather has been recently. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
btt

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
Got to fix my transmission in my truck i hate to miss it this event is the one that got me hook on the ppha. everyone that i met really showed me what kind of organization it is. so im sad i wont be there :'( have fun an good luck