Author Topic: What sound to go too if busted by coyotes  (Read 1154 times)

uncle buck

What sound to go too if busted by coyotes
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
There have been times when a coyote will sneak in know something is up and will start to WUFF or go to a distant area and the group will howl or just start barking.
No rabbit, no woodpecker, no fieldmouse, no food sounds have worked for me after this happens.
What is a caller to do?  I have called back coyotes by hitting them with:  "Coyote Pup". IMO that is what I do...I give them the good old coyote pup sound...Maybe about a minute of it and then remain silent for 8 minutes..You have to watch because they will come into the wind so make sure your not in line with the speaker just after you played the coyote pup or once you do the coyote pup move away from that area immediately to a cross wind set up area... They know right where the sound came from too..You also do the Puppy KIYI's too.

Get your hands on (Critrcall) Major Boddicker Song Dog pamphlet that comes with his Song Dog. You can buy it separate too...He explains what Wuff's mean when a coyote does this...

IMO when in doubt what sound to hit them with... I Use The Coyote Pup...either electronic or open reed mouth call. However the Primos KIYI call also does outstanding puppy talk when you remove the mouth piece hood and use the exposed plastic closed reed channel affixed to the barrel of the Primos KIYI call....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:55:03 PM by uncle buck »