Author Topic: Flextone Mimic hd.  (Read 3193 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Flextone Mimic hd.
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
I got a gift card for Dicks sporting goods on Christmas. I knew I would have a hard time finding enough things I needed or liked there but I went anyway. I seen a new ecaller made by Flextone. It is a smaller cheaper version of their Echo ecaller (100 sounds) mine has 40 sounds and might be what I need to make things happen for my style of hunting. A couple things I like about this is is has a trigger and the speaker can be pointed in the direction I want. The sounds preloaded sound great. So good that my cat was going into stalking mode when she would not do this with my FX5. I think it would work great for me because their are little valleys I like to call into on my way home and it is a pain to get the FX5 out of my vest,place it and turn the remote to find a sound all the while trying to be quiet. The cons are small, just little things like it has deer sounds preloaded and only 3 rabbit. It was $49.99 and hopefully new sounding equipment might be what is needed.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

Re: Flextone Mimic hd.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »
I saw the advertisements for that call.  Once you activate the trigger how long does the caller play before you have to pull the trigger again? 

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »
You have to pull it again to shut it off.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
Sounds like an excellent call for the shotgunning red fox hunter too... If you can trigger it and it does not shut off.  Just hang it from a bush, activate it walk down 75 yards...Make sure you put some reflective tape on it should the batteries die on you...

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
Saw on another web site that someone killed a bobcat and use this caller but the one with the remote.   I don't know anyuthing about the callers just posting a comment on it...I think I did read that it works 300 yards away from the remote????????????????????????

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
Yeah, I seen that but they have the Echo which in a little over $100 more than what I payed for this one.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
Yep looks like the Echo goes for $140.00.