Predator Hunting > Night Hunting

mounting place

<< < (2/2)

tom p:
something to think about guys----if ur thinking about mounting ur light 2 the barrel it might throw off ur scope zero if ur using a rifle---the weight of the light will charge how the barrel moves as the bullet is going down the barrel.   i have no idea what it will do to a shotgun with point of impact---but it will most likely throw things off with a rifle

Dale:

--- Quote from: "tom p" ---something to think about guys----if ur thinking about mounting ur light 2 the barrel it might throw off ur scope zero if ur using a rifle---the weight of the light will charge how the barrel moves as the bullet is going down the barrel.   i have no idea what it will do to a shotgun with point of impact---but it will most likely throw things off with a rifle
--- End quote ---

for true... will definitely affect the POI on a rifle, you'll need to dedicate a rifle to fur and resight it to insure your accuracy... one of the fellows I used to hunt with has a barrel mounted light and he was always resighting as when ever he'd bump the light and it moved so did the POI...

Rosko:
I mount my light on the scope, I also use weaver see though scope mounts. Makes it easier for a second shot if needed. I do this on both my rifle and my shotgun, with the rifle there is no need to resite when you take the lite off.

Rosko

longhair:
The optronics is what I got and my scope is 30mm, so I had to order it as the 1 inch comes standard. The 30mm mount can stay on the scope all the time(as mine does) and the light hooks up very easy. I've shot this at night and with no effect on the sighting of the scope. I really like how you can aim the light with the ajustment knobs. Instead of burning them with the center of the beam. You can just have the halo show up in the scope. Not to mention the flip up red lense cover. If all else fails, flip'er up and fling some lead and watch the fur fly !!!!! :shock:  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version