Author Topic: Hornady  (Read 2041 times)

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
Hornady
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
I sent back a full box of .243 American Whitetail and a box with 3 misfired rounds, 3 unfired rounds, and 3 fired brass from that box because 4 misfired(1 fired on 2nd attempt). I sent it around Dec 4th and they received it Dec 11th.  It is now Dec 20th so I called "customer support" and was told its a month process.  I asked if I could just get my money back....NO.  I asked if they could just send me replacements...NO.  I was told it has to be checked to see if its a gun issue.  Gun is brand new(savage axis).  Shot a whole box of Federal through and no issue.  Had to jump through hoops to find reloading powder and bullets before deer season.  Shot a box of reloads and they all fired.  Shot my buck opening day with a Hornady bullet with federal brass and primers I reloaded.

I used the word **** and the "rep" says "lets act like adults".  Its one thing to dislike certain foul language, but if its not directed at you then don't belittle me.  I definitely think I'm enttled to ask why I can't get replacements or my money back in a timely manner for a "****" box of ammo I bought. All my reloading equipment is Hornady.  I use only Hornady bullets for my deer rifles.

So now I'm going to call back and request they stop the process and send me the ammo back.  I'm going to pull all the bullets,powder, and primers to use just the brass.  Last dime Hornady ever gets from me.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Hornady
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »
Went through the same stuff with Winchester/olin when the WSSM's first came out. The gun was fine,checked by the smith.....twice! Found out the ammo was to hot from the factory.
Was a long process but got it worked out. And it took many.....MANY boxes of ammo being shipped back and forth.

Note~Couldn't open the bolt after firing until it cooled. :o
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
It really irks me on HuntingPa that people think I'm being impatient.  I purchased a product and sent it back 3 weeks ago.  The product was defective either from the bullet or for my rifle.  If they replaced it 1 for 1 which was what they told to me when I first contacted them and they still didn't work then by all means Savage would be getting a call next, but federal worked and reloads worked so I highly doubt its the gun.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »
I have a great idea.  I'm going to call Hornady and request a box of rounds for my guns free of charge.  After I find they work for my specific guns I will pay them.  I wonder how that will work out. 
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 08:58:34 AM »
Man HPAA forums beat me up for this post.  Brush the dirt off and keep trucking.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1