Author Topic: Home Brew Coffee Day!!!  (Read 5423 times)

uncle buck

Home Brew Coffee Day!!!
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:20:53 PM »
Was out earlier today... People going nuts in the local Giant Food Market..  Did stop on the way home at  Sheetz and purchase some coffee...Did eat a couple of donuts already too.. 

I figure I'd make a pot of home brew coffee and check the different forums I visit..  I started to think about in NEPA... People when they make coffee and put a 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the coffee prior to brewing.. I'd figure I'd try it... Got some of the Dunkin Donut Coffee from the store.. Put a few dashes of salt in the receptacle that hold the coffee and filter...Drinking it now... Wow it does enhance the flavor of the coffee.  I like to drink my coffee black so it did give that coffee and enhanced flavor...Kind of brought out the coffee flavor more.

I wonder if the salt thing in homebrew coffee is a NEPA thing or does people all over the state of Pa put a bit in to their home brew coffee machines????
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:23:41 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Home Brew Coffee Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
I'll have to try that :o

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Never heard of it before.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
My late father-in-law added salt. (Central Pa.)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
UB,

WhenI was Mes Deck MA I always put a dash of salt in when we made coffee onboard... :)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
Pagoose that's why your still considered ..............................................................."AN OLD SALT!"

Why when I was in I had so much salt on my dungarees from going around the Cape of Good Hope, Cape Horn, and Cape Town.. No matter how I washed I could never get it out!!!!   LOL

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:25:41 AM »
Could that be why you look so gray :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »
Gray!  This head of hair is pure white now.. LOL So that's why I have white hair now.. It was all that salt air that did it... 

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
I just saw this. Coffee always tastes better adding just a sprinkling of salt over a full cup of flavor. It brings out the coffee flavor. Go try a cup of real gentleman's coffee!

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »
What was it Luzianne (sp) that use to have chicory in it??... Chicory...that's all those light blue flowered plants that grow along the roads now... Just dip a couple of them in your cup of coffee...

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:34:32 AM »
Probably one of the best hunting tips.. Take a break when calling and stop in to a Wawa, Sheetz, Rutters, for a cup of coffee and a Whoopie Pie..Caffeine peps you up.. Some callers will even use those caffeine shots you can buy at the register....if your going to hunt past 2:00 AM  give you body a little caffeine.. why I guess you could even drink a a regular coke if you want too...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 06:16:08 AM »
UB,

Iffin you chew the coffee grounds...it keeps you awake longer they say!! :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
If you buy those chocolate covered coffee beans, suck the chocolate off, and then chew up the coffee bean it will give you a good boost of caffeine and a strong taste of coffee.

uncle buck

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
Pagoose and coyotenightmare... You guys are correct... That would work the flavored coffee beans... I have seen them in many a coffee shop in malls...

yep you have to be alert when calling... How many times have you been out there and you said to yourself:  'LOOKS LIKE THERE AREN'T GOING TO BE ANY PREDATORS COMING TO MY CALL!"   Then all of a sudden there is a red or a coyote running right at you!!!Yep... you got to be alert and be ready at all times or all you end up is having a good ALMOST  hunting story to tell about...You got to stay focused...A bet of caffeine in you will help at times.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:19:23 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
Some predator hunters use those caffeine enhanced drinks that are usually sitting on the counter by the cash register... Me.....sometimes I hunt so hard that I have to pop a Tylenol pill when the cramp hits you right when you get out of your vehicle.. Something.. How that Tylenol does take the pain away after about 60 seconds...I even found liquid Tylenol that I keep right my my sleeping bag when I hunt predators out of county...That works real fast..

Good thing about Tylenol is that you don't have to eat food with it like other pain killers..Nothing is worse then a cramp in your leg after you hunt real hard...For you young guys enjoy it now.. Once you get older those cramps hit like someone stabbing you with a dagger in your calf or thigh... LOL

I remember I was going in for a cup of coffee in a Unimart in Wilkes Barre about 2:00 AM.  Oh I was hunting all night into the early morning and was just going to stop for coffee... I put my foot down from the GMC Jimmy and that shooting pain shot into my thigh... Took the Tylenol real fast but in the mean time.. that  60 seconds before it kick in.. The poor girl clerk  in the store see me laying over the hood of the Jimmy and you can see by the look on her face that I scared the heck out of her.. The Tylenol kicked in and I walked into the store normal got a coffee and whoopee pie or Tastykake Pie or Potato chips and left like nothing ever happend..
As you start to get older and the cramps do start hitting you... Don't leave home without your Tylenol!!!!