Author Topic: Rifle scope wanted!!!  (Read 5126 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Rifle scope wanted!!!
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
I am looking for a good 3x9 rifle scope for my 22mag.
I want to pay under $100 shipped though. If you have something for sale, hit me up.
FayetteNam

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Rifle scope wanted!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
Would be just as easy to go to Gander Mountain and buy a brand new Barska for around $80.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
^ they are good scopes!  Look on nachez's websight they have some awsome deals on remaned scopes.

Claybird

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
basrka is good scop??? i thoght they wer made in chinese

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Depends what you call good....I only buy Nikon, Leupold, Zeis, Nightforce, you get the idea...I never tried a Barska, to many people warn me against them....just my personal preferences, you get what you pay for and if a fellow is happy with his scope then all is well.

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
Barska makes some of the best scopes.  You can spend 1000+ on a barska.  If you want.

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »
I hear you....I might have to try a Barska one of these days to find out for my self. That way I know what I am talking about. LOL   Have seen and heard of too many times when guys have missed deer, etc because their scope didn't hold zero. Sometimes it IS the shooters fault.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
I bought a 150 dollar barska and it isnt a 1/10th of what my nikon prostaff is.  JMO.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
I like Nikon scopes. They are as good as Leupod.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:01 PM »
Depends what you call good....I only buy Nikon, Leupold, Zeis, Nightforce, you get the idea...I never tried a Barska, to many people warn me against them....just my personal preferences, you get what you pay for and if a fellow is happy with his scope then all is well.

I agree but the guy doesn't want to spend over $100.  Your not getting those scopes for that.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »
yep and that is what stinks.  I used to always buy 50-100 dollar scopes and found that I was not happy with the results.  for me the nikon has held zero since day one and I am more then happy I spent the extra for that piece of mind.  The year I killed my cat I checked my zero every weekend because I wasn't convinced my scope was holding zero which it wasn't.  it was a tasco world class.  since then I stuck the nikon on and haven't looked back.  Take it FWIW. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 08:00:43 AM »
Right on bigben. I am getting more and more impressed with the Nikon scopes, and less with the Leupold. Don't get me wrong, I love Leupold scopes, but some of the new ones are not what the old used to be. For under 100.00 I don't really have a recommendation.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
I have a cheaper  $70 3x9 50mm Simmons. I've used it for 7 years or so and it was great. Then I started having problems with the gun holding groups and starting on zero. I noticed the change after I cleaned it. I know a clean barrel will shoot a little different but this was all over tha place. I've taken over 200 animals easily with this 22mag and since Hornady makes 22mag rounds, I wanna keep it. The gunsmith said it had to be the optics. I was figuring that someone had a good scope laying around collecting dust.
FayetteNam

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
Some of the leupold scopes dont click they are friction.  They are junk!