Author Topic: Do you think you should need a furtakers liscence to ....  (Read 8828 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Do you think you should need a furtakers liscence to ....
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 05:30:44 AM »
That was me ,Dale
Remember I told you I had log in problems(thanks for that help)
As far as that comment I made about leaving deer lay: I was trying to put the game on he other foot,so to speak.
Coyotes are my favorite game to hunt. So I tried to make deer an example so people can see my point of view.
And ,yeah it does upset me when I hear of people killing them then throwing them over a hill.
I respect the animal,all predators, heck all animals.
I'll bet the anti-hunters would really run with this one.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 08:56:11 AM »
ahhh so it was you playing devils advocate...   :twisted:   that's precisely what I was thinking... let a post like that go unanswered and the tree huggers get a hold of it and all of a sudden we're the bad guys...  :mrgreen:
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline PAfurhunter

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 08:08:46 PM »
There are actually people out there that kill coyotes and don't take the fur?

What's wrong with them?!

Offline dallas

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
A furtakers license should be needed in my opinion
mark

Offline AProbst

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
As stated earlier, hunters do actually shoot them and let them lay and that is a waste of a great resource.  Coyotes are a great animal and should be treated with respect as we should all animals.  As far as the coyote hunting requiring a furbearer license, I would say yes to keep some of the hunters in deer season from using the outdoors.

As far as the animal exploding, I dont think that is the case yet.  There are definitely more coyotes than 10 years ago but not the numbers needed for an all out war on the animal.  I believe trappers and hunters are averaging about 10,000-12,000 coyotes taken per year in PA since the year 2000 and that is not an extreme amount considering other parts of nation and with our number of hunters and trappers.

Whether the hunting public respects them or not, "we should never take from nature but just take what nature gives us" and that means not leaving coyotes or any other animal laying in wooods to rot.

Alan
WWW.ALANPROBST.COM

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »
Amen,brother.

Offline hunterdaddy

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »
I dont know.       Personally I have hunted them once.  Didnt see anything.  Am seriously considering purchasing a furtakers liscence next year and giving fox/coon/yotes a serious shot.  I beleive there is a guy in albion PA who takes whole animals.   I might look into tanning them if thats not the case.  Wouldnt shoot a fox unless I knew someone took whole animals or I was going to tan myself.

Coons on the other hand.  I am a big duck hunter and coons are heck on nesting waterfowl.  Good coon is a dead coon.

Same goes for yotes.  Not that they are heck on waterfowl like coons (although I am sure they take a few nests).    Personally I would shoot a yote and leave it lay if I needed a furtaker liscence and didnt have one.  I would bet more would than wouldnt especially since alot of deer hunters (rightly or worngly) blame them for the deer pop decline.     I dont persoanlly blame yotes  I blame the game comission mostly for that one.  Yotes a little bit.

Cats too.  A cat in the woods is as good as dead if I see him.