Author Topic: 10/27 Fishing Trip  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
10/27 Fishing Trip
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
Went on a fishing trip to Montauk, New York.  Perfect timing as we just missed Hurricane Sandy.  As we were fishing everyone was pulling out thier boats out of the water and boarding up the windows.  The Striped Bass were already gone for the year but we managed 5 with four keepers.  Also landed about 20 gorilla blues and kept about 11 of them.  Fun time but very tired.

Red Sky in the morning, sailor's warning! 

Fighting a Gorrila Blue, not as easy as he thought it was going to be.

The fish we kept.

One tired boy!

After we were done fishing, I thought my boat would be safer if we pulled it out of the water.  NOT!!

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline shortmagger

• Junior Forum Member
Re: 10/27 Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Cool, did you go out on the Windy then? Thats awesome you got a couple stripers at least

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
Yes we did.  Nice boat and people.  Just wish the stripers were biting better.  The only complaint I had was the first made took our fish and fillet them while we were squaring up with the captain before I could get a picture with my son holding a big striper up.  I never saw anyone fillet fish that fast.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
Lookn4fur
That looked like a great trip with you boy. Also some good eating. I think fresh rock fish is the best there is to eat.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »
Nice story and pictures, L4F.

I like Rock fish...

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
Them fish eggs look like they might have turned!!