Author Topic: State Wide Hunt  (Read 7881 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
State Wide Hunt
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
When is it?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: State Wide Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
District vs. District Hunt

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 12:00pm - Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:00pm Statewide.

http://www.ppha.us/upcoming_events.htm
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
District 2's check in will be at middletown anglers and hunters again...check in will be from the end of the hunt 2pm until 3 pm...sorry fella's I can't stick around much longer this week...any questions let me know
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
An internet check in would be the ticket. ;)
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
except for the members that do not have the internet.   ::)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Then those without internet wouldn't even know about the state wide hunt.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »
True for the most part.  I try to e-mail everyone in my district with these events but ot sure how others communicate to their districts.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
Then those without internet wouldn't even know about the state wide hunt.
X's2 This is the truth. I thought all D vs D hunts would be internet check ins since their is no prize to temp people to cheat and as far as I know, nobody has stepped up in D6 to take my place. Where is the d6 check in gonna be?
FayetteNam

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
I quess I'm old fashioned but I like the physical checkins.This is supposed to be an outdoor oriented association so push yourself away from the computer and enjoy the great outdoors to its fullest.Sorry I had to vent.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »
I would like a physical check in as well but District 6 is without a representative and therefore no check in location just like the member vs member hunt.
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 05:31:11 AM »
I quess I'm old fashioned but I like the physical checkins.This is supposed to be an outdoor oriented association so push yourself away from the computer and enjoy the great outdoors to its fullest.Sorry I had to vent.

+1.  the checkins where always worth driving to for me.  but of course I would drive to the hunts as well instead of sitting behind the computer claiming they were too far.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47:02 AM »
For those who may not have received my e-mail, the District 4 check in will be at Gander Mountain in Chambersburg from 2 to 3pm on Sunday.  We are the current champs and I don't see that changing.  One thing is for sure, we may have the worst conditions than anyother district for this hunt.  Won't be easy but I have confidence in the D4 Gang.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
You should have faith. You have a district of Natural born killers. ;)
FayetteNam

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »
I don't know?  District 2 has been smoking everyone lately.

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
Things are changing here to many people are taking up predator hunting in this part of the state. What cracked me up when we were at the PPHA Expo..You get to talking to hunters and ask them where they live.. Most were from this region of the state and not even PPHA members.........YET?  They did travel all the way up to the Predator Calling Expo which does show their great interest..

Might be hard to find a parking place yet in some of our hunting spots?