Author Topic: Season Finale Hunt  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Season Finale Hunt
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
It was a goal of mine this year to help new or interested hunters get a solid start in predator hunting.  I put a lot of offers out there and some took me up.  Then I found Damian a new PPHA member who is just on fire for predator hunting!  We hunted three times together and I think next season will find us hunting a lot together.   Damian reminds me of my early predator hunting days when I just could not get enough.  He is a terrific guy who always has a baked good in hand when he shows up to hunt, always has a smile on his face, an ear willing to listen to tips, and a spirit that wants to hunt all night.

I invited Damian up for a season finale hunt last night and we had a great night.  We had been absolutely inundated with fox on our first two hunts.   Last night we couldn't call in a single fox until around 1:00 A.M.  Luckily the racoons were out in force last night and Damian killed four of them.  We finished off the night with a fox each and then called it a night at 3:00 A.M.  All in all it was a great season finale!

1st Coon (got stuck on a branch and had to be shot a second time to knock it down from the tree)

2nd and 3rd Coons (They were on top of each other when Damian shot and he killed both with a single load of 3 1/2 #4 Turkey Shot)

4th Coon (Largest of the 4 pack):

Damain's Fox (fur on the foxes was prime...no rubbing...both males)

My Fox (One for the guide!)

Thanks for listening to our story.  Hope everyone had a great season.  Support the PPHA in the off season.

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: Season Finale Hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
well done! 

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
sounds like a good night,we were out for coyotes did run across one coon in a tree. that was all we saw all night :-\

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
Mike,
Can't say enough thanks for having me out on those three hunts. I must have gotten five years experience in three nights! I know the learning curve for me was shortened tremendously. Thanks for putting up with me missing a bunch too. I think I'm slowly figuring out what loads are best in my gun and what aiming issues I might have had.(Mike didn't mention I missed another fox last night).
I look forward to hunting with you next year and hopefully can repay you with getting you on some deer down my way!
district 2

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
WTG Guys! Good pics.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
Thank You.  Thats what it's all about and you get it!
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
That was awesome Thanks for helping to spread the love for our sport
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »
Congratulations on a fine season and I hope you have more to come....ED

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
Great work sounds like you two had a blast!!

Ryan.
District 4