Predator Hunting > Varmint Hunting

2014 ground hog season

<< < (2/10) > >>

TrappinJohn:
I'm ready!  Nice video Ben and good shoootin

Picked up a Winchester model 70 Stealth II in 243 WSSM last year, have a lot of loads I want to try this summer.  And of course the contender is always fun

bigben:
That .243wssm sounds like a barrel burner. Any reason why ya got that over a normal .243 win?  Almost picked up a 7tcu a little bit back for the contender.

TrappinJohn:
I'm a big 243 fan, Already have a couple of them.  Kinda always wanted a wssm ever since they came out with it.  Probably not something you would want to take to a prairie dog town, but they have a chrome lined barrel.  Keep it clean and cool, should last plenty long enough.

7tcu would be a fun caliber too.  Working on some 110gr loads for my 309JDJ for groundhogs this summer.  2900 or so out of a 14" barrel should work pretty good

longhair:
Nice video Ben........ ;) ;)

TJ, you'll like the wssm. I know I like mine. ;) ;D ;D

After a few years of VERY limited hunt'n, I'm hope'n to carve out more time this year. Got a couple new lead spitters to try out. ;D ;D ;D

BTW~ the grass rats have been out for a few days although the "polar vortex" just might send back in fer a while. ::) ::)

bigben:
I thought yo liked the .243. I personally dont see the point behind the wssm series. Seems like a waste of powder too me. But some like vanilla compared to chocolate.

I havent seen any hogs out yet but have heard of sightings. I have hunted in march before for fields that get too grown up. Unless this cold weather gets replaced by 50 deg days i doubt you'll see many for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version