Author Topic: got my first coyote to come to my e-caller.....  (Read 1528 times)

Offline ozadug9

got my first coyote to come to my e-caller.....
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
well i have learned alot since my impromptu hunting spot back in march.
i finally got a yote to come into my caller and i actually got a shot off at it too.....but i missed i was shaking so bad that i jerked the trigger at a 70 yard shot.  i felt like a 12 year old with on his first deer hunt with the biggest buck that a 12 year old has ever seen....
okay so i got the stand set up near perfect...i had a nice breeze blowing a my face with a little left to right shift once in awhile...
i have my caller set out at about 50 or 60 yards and i have my decoy hanging above....i start calling with a pup in distress for about 10 min...i change to a coyote challenge after a 5 min break...i change back to a pup in distress for 5 min and i wait and watch for about 10 min....
I'm watching the edge of the woods to my left across this field I'm calling in thinking that this is were the yote is going to come running in from or so i was hoping....
after my 10 min of watching i changed my call to a baby rabbit distress and started calling...damn if the didn't yote pop out in the field directly across from where i was sitting putting the caller, my decoy and the yote in a straight line and i had my gun pointing in the wrong direction...
the yote ran right at the decoy and stopped...as i was trying to get my gun turned he spotted me moving my gun turned tail to run....
i let out a barking call i have seen on the predator shows on the sportsmen channel he stooped running turned to look back at my decoy at about 70 yards and i missed.....my set and everything was good just got caught with the gun pointing the wrong way...
well that sure does get the blood pumping at a 100 miles per second.....now all i need to do is close the deal with a kill and some pics too!!!
oh well better luck next time....

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: got my first coyote to come to my e-caller.....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
great job and good story.  when i first started i thought i would just sit down and use my knee as a rest, good in theroy until my knees were shaking so bad that i couldn't hold steady on a yote.  great feeling to have again. 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »
Great story!!!!Now you have an idea on just how you yanked it's chain...You now have the confidence to call more and more and more Pa coyotes using this technique...Keep up the good work.....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:11:29 AM »
Don't feel bad at all. I do the same. You will score and you will flub up from time to time. You have done good and better than most just starting out. My best to you and thanks for the story. I love this stuff.

Offline ozadug9

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
i did learn one important thing from this hunt.....well maybe it was a bunch of things but the main thing is the use of a decoy....so i went out and picked myself up a mojo critter so at least i can give my grandsons fuzzy stuffed toy back before his mother and grandmother find out that i barrowed it and what i used it for ;D ;D ;D
good hunting everyone!!!!!