Author Topic: The Crow and the Predator Hunter  (Read 1226 times)

uncle buck

The Crow and the Predator Hunter
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »
I remember my son telling me he was hunting crows with his friends.  Owl decoy, two crow decoys and the Crow In distress sound playing...He called in a coyote.

Heard other crow hunters say they have called in fox while hunting crow and they, the fox were attracted to crow in distress sounds..

Dennis Kirk......Tells hunters to watch crows acting up in tree lines when calling predators.  many times that is an indicator that a predator is coming into your calling...See the crows start tormenting the predator...Watch for the crows to travel right down a fence line... The predator could be right below the crows coming into your call.

I have on occasion thrown in a few crow in distress sounds when using an electronic caller with remote for predators..  See the predators start to think....What are those crows acting up about....They come in for a look see when they hear all the crows going nuts..

Actually watch all non-predator animals when calling not just crows...Even rabbits fleeing along a fence line or even woodchucks that start to whistle...I have killed a few red fox just after a cottontail have passed my stand while hunting along a tree line...
So for daytime calling....when you get an itchy remote finger.....Let some crow sounds rip for about a minute while hunting daytime predators...

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The Crow and the Predator Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »
when calling for crows i sometimes use crow fight/rabbit distress, seems to work once in a while.