Author Topic: 2010 District 6 predator hunt.  (Read 8343 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
2010 District 6 predator hunt.
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
This years District 6 predator hunt will be held on the weekend of Nov. 5th,6th and 7th 2010. We will hold a physical check in followed by a meeting.
Prizes so far are:
Foxpro spitfire ecaller
Foxpro Skyote howler/distress and keychain caller combo
Personalized D3game calls hand call.

More info to come!!
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 2010 District 6 predator hunt.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
Good deal, I hope I can hunt this one. I'm ready to hunt right now. Time to start getting my equipment ready. I think I will shoot a Goose this season. That's one thing I've never hunted. Don't know why, I just never did.
President PPHA

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Does this mean that you could check in for D1 and D6 and possibly win 2 spitfires?
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:44:31 PM »
If you can drive across the state in 2 hours or so, I guess.
FayetteNam

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Since all districts will have their own hunts, they will be for district members only. Just think, one member in each district will win a Spitfire.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »
I don't agree with this and this is news to me since all district hunts were open to all PPHA members statewide.
Article VII - Privilege of Members
Any member in good standing will be entitled to participate in any association activities. They will be able to solicit the support of the association in any and all activities consistent with the purpose of the association. They will be entitled to vote on all matters brought before the membership and compete in any and all contests and events sponsored by the PPHA. Members in good standing may also use the PPHA web-based forums. The forum board is a privilege that can be suspended from any member until further notice if the established forum board rules are not followed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:09:16 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 08:21:54 PM »
This years District 6 predator hunt will be held on the weekend of Nov. 5th,6th and 7th 2010. We will hold a physical check in followed by a meeting.
Prizes so far are:
1st place Foxpro spitfire ecaller.
2nd place A personalized PPHA howler from D3 Game Calls.
3rd place A Foxpro Skyote hand call.

Coyote 10pts
Fox (all species) 6pts
raccoon 3pts
Opussum and skunk 1pt

Hunt info:
Hunts begins at 4pm on Friday Nov 5th and check it will be from 2-4pm on Sunday Nov.7th.
All animals must be whole, no signs of roadkill and no fresh trap marks.
The physical located of check in will be realeased closer to hunt date due to the venues ability to host a D6 meeting afterwards.

Please don't post anything on this topic. Please keep it open for updates only.

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »
Do you need to register for the hunt or just show at check - in ?

And where is check- in ?
PPHA District 3

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »
Do you need to register for the hunt or just show at check - in ?

And where is check- in ?
No registration this time. Just show up and I'm planning on having a meeting afterwards for D6.
The physical located of check in will be realeased closer to hunt date due to the venues ability to host a D6 meeting afterwards.
Since I have the prizes on hand, I will award them prior to the meeting and take pictures of all the winners for records (photo album).
Any tie breakers will be decided by name placed in container and drawn. That winner will receive the foxpro and the runner up will receive the D3 howler, 3rd will receive the Foxpro Skyote. combo.
FayetteNam

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 06:50:23 AM »
INDEPENDENT SLOVAK CITIZENS CLUB OF GILLESPIE 
111 CARLSON LN 
Fayette City, PA, 15438-1101

This will be the check in spot. It is the same place as the last years member vs member check in and last years meeting.
I will not be holding a meeting after this hunt due to the club not opening til 7pm.I will try to hold a meeting closer to the District vs. District hunt instead.
Good luck this weekend.
FayetteNam

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:20 AM »
111 CARLSON LN 

This will be the check in spot. It is the same place as the last years member vs member check in and last years meeting.
I will not be holding a meeting after this hunt due to the club not opening til 7pm.I will try to hold a meeting closer to the District vs. District hunt instead.
Good luck this weekend.

So we just go do our hunting and show up Sun from 2-4 with our kills(if we are lucky enough)? You do not need to know who is taking part in the hunt? :o
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
111 CARLSON LN 

Good luck this weekend.

So we just go do our hunting and show up Sun from 2-4 with our kills(if we are lucky enough)? You do not need to know who is taking part in the hunt? :o
Yes, just show up with your harvested animals. I wanted to have a meeting but the club will not open early for me (again) because they didn't make no money from my last meeting. I don't want to have the meeting and check in at 7pm. Anyone can show up (as long as they are a member) from any district to turn in points. No registering required for the physical check in.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
Hey D6 members, who is planning to hunt this weekend? I don't think you are going to let me tackle all the predators in D6 by myself, are you? :o
President PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
George Rue won a Realtree max4 face net (donated by Hunters Specialties) for showing up. No one else showed up!!!! Thanks George...No winner!!!!!!!
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
I hunted with Earl and a friend on Friday night and last night I went out and I saw one set of eyes about three hundred yards out. It came out of the woods and went straight back in. Last night after midnight I saw a coon but it was after midnight, (Sunday morning). Other than that, I did hear a pack of coyotes way far away. It was a strange weekend, It was like the woods were dead. Two nights in a row, kinda odd.
President PPHA