Author Topic: Factory Ammo and powders used  (Read 1752 times)

uncle buck

Factory Ammo and powders used
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »
I hear so many people say that their factory ammo shoot well in their gun.  However I wonder how many don't realize that the mfg could change the powder type they use and the ammo will not group or hit zero where the other lot of ammo hit on the target or game animal...

One reason to reload..

Also if you want to reload to factory velocities..Go to the factory ammo publication..Look up the velocities for the bullet grain and then find that velocities for the same grain bullet in the reloading data book and or web..

I often wondered if the factory bullet mfg jumped around to different powders instead of using the same one for year after year after year?

When I do use factory rounds and don't get to the range.. it does start to make me think... "I hope that Remington, Winchester and or Federal used the same grain and type of powder as the box I zero'd in the rifle in the first place?"

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Factory Ammo and powders used
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:25:08 AM »
When life has kicked me in the gut and I'm feeling down...nothing....I mean nothing makes me feel better than going in the man room in the basement and reloading.  Just another reason to add to Uncle Buck's reason to reload.  It's magic for the soul for some of us.

uncle buck

Re: Factory Ammo and powders used
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:40 AM »
Yep it's Therapeutic...I remember hearing a man say one time that washing dishes was therapeutic.. Me I will stick with the reloading to get that same effect.. Let the automatic dish wisher we have installed get all that there therapeutic effect...