Author Topic: My PA gobbler, pics...3 beards  (Read 14431 times)

Offline sly_vixen

• Junior Forum Member
My PA gobbler, pics...3 beards
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:25:29 PM »
I shot this gobbler the first Wednesday of the season, hunting with my Dad, here in PA.  After that great gobbler I got in Illinois, I didn't think I could ever shoot a nicer bird.  Until, now...that is.  His longest beard came out to 9 3/4", the middle beard was 6 1/2" and the small beard was 1 1/2".  He weighed 19lbs. and had 1" spurs.  I hope that everyone is having a safe and wonderful season.

Offline yotebuster

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.critterbuster.com
&%*%%&*(%*
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 07:47:09 PM »
Girl U gota slow down on the birds and save the rest of us some.   We need some more details!

--dave dunbar
--dave dunbar
http://www.CritterBuster.com
Predator Calls With An Attitude!

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »
That's what it is all about, young people taking over from us older folks.  Beautiful bird and an even more beautiful young lady.  Congratulations - on both of your birds.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »
Great Job! That's a real trophy

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »
man, what can a person say?!?!!?  :shock:
thats the best darn bird anyone could ever ask for! i bet your dad is very, very proud of you! congrats on a fantastic turkey. you're making me jealous! thank you very much for sharing with all of us. THUMBS UP VIXEN!! :wink:

-Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »
now that's a couple of fine looking turkey's... ya done good...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline sly_vixen

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 07:57:22 AM »
:oops: Geez, someone besides my Mom, thinks I'm beautiful??? :oops:  Not bad for 30 being around the corner, huh?  "28"  Both of the birds I got this year, are trophies for sure.  When I got that bird in Illinois Monday, the whole way home I kept thinking to myself, man a bird just can't get any better than this one.  When my Dad and I went out on Wednesday, I was pretty sure that I had a good chance of seeing a turkey with how it was non-stop gobbling all around us.  However, the last thing I would have ever thought was shooting one like him.  I still can't sleep normal, because every time I lay down, all I can think about is the 2 awesome birds I harvested.  I hope that everyone has a safe and productive turkey season.  Thanks, for all the really nice comments.  It really means a lot to me.  
Bethe

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »
OK, I am NOT joking.  I saw the original post and thought: How nice that this 'teenage' girl is hunting with her father.  I would have never guessed coming up on 30! :shock:

Offline huntingisfun

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »
Very nice bird you got there, and its always nice to see a woman in camo