Author Topic: dead coyote choke tube  (Read 3228 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
dead coyote choke tube
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
does anybody know what the constriction on these are, for say remington 1187 or mossberg 835, trying to compare but they dont seem to list the specs anywhere
district #1

uncle buck

Re: dead coyote choke tube
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
I tried to get the info from Carlston and they just never answered my inquiry..

One of our members did some research on what choke shot # 4 buckshot well...It was the  12 gauge .690 constriction... Click on the below link.. Find your shotgun on the left side click on it and it will tell you if any of your chokes are close to the .690. Could be worth a try to shoot the Deadcoyote T and the New Deadcoyote  # 4 buckshot hevishot using this constriction..   I do use the Carlston Deadcoyote choke tubes in my shotguns and they do pattern well with the T shot and even Remington Hevishot even in the # 6 shot Hevishot loading..

Looks like the .690 is what they call the Extra-Full or Turkey chokes..

Also Keep scrolling down until you see all the specialty chokes once you go to your type of shotgun..The Deadcoyote constriction like I said is not listed... But it does look like it might be around the .690 constriction??????

http://www.choketube.com/remington.html

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:58:22 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »
i measured the choke that it came with it is.665, patterns good with my turkey loads but not so good with #4 buckshot, was very inconsistent with multiple flyers, thinking about trying one in the .700 range ,any thoughts or ideas??
district #1

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:31:15 PM »
i tryed the .700 choke it did better with the #4 buck, still not quite what im after but patterned real good with bb tungsten, should i try bigger than .700 or try different brand of #4 buuckshot?? Thanks
district #1

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
I do remember seeing predator hunters hunting coyotes from helo's. They were using # 4 buckshot and the Improved Modified Choke tube .705
Like I said the .690.....Extra Full choke also might be better... The .700 is just equal to a Full Choke,, As you know the IM and the Extrafull are constrictions on both sides of the Rem Full Choke .700.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:45:56 PM by uncle buck »