Author Topic: Coyote while turkey hunting  (Read 2916 times)

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
Coyote while turkey hunting
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
Friday morning while my dad was coyote hunting he had a 40+ lbs coyote come in and he shot it from 20 yards. It was in perry county. ill see if i can get a pic of it up

uncle buck

Re: Coyote while turkey hunting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
Tell your dad congrats....Would like to hear the story too..

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/zmoney250/?action=view&current=87a294dd.jpg
 sorry i dont know why it kept putting the same ones on

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
Nice one Thanks for sharing... He probably saved a couple deer in the area he harvested this.  That coyote ain't going to eat any fawns this year!!!!Keep up the good work Predator 94's Dad!!!!

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »
It was acctually my dad just p94 knows how to put the pics up and i don't lol. I think he shot it at 6:30 or something but it was real early in morning. he and a friend were calllin and then the coyote came in through some high grass comin towards my dad. then his friend called and it turned broadside at 20 yards for him and it spun twice and dropped.

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
Coonreaper well then pass on the congrats to your dad!!!!Did he call constant or did he have periods with breaks of silence? did he use food sounds or did he also use coyote vocalization?

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »

I think they did a flydown cackle like the birds were flying down off the roost and then some light clucking and yelping. When we were in wv we had a coyote come in also 25 yards from my dad but he was just calling for my brother and didnt take his gun. so im thinkin that these turkey sounds work on the coyotes pretty well rite now. We have also come to the conclusion that in places where there are high coyote populations the turkeys arent as vocal because they are  probably attracting attention from the coyotes.