Author Topic: Should have had the camera!!!  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Should have had the camera!!!
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:48 AM »
Went out hog hunting last evening with Lil Goose...Giving him first shot...he was a little slow to say the least on the first hog and never got the shot off...we continued checking the various known hole sites and we saw a few but they were skiddish because of the wind and we didn't get any shots off. Well on to the camera issue, as we were walking out the farm lane we caught movement to our left and we froze....Here came a little fawn with ears bigger than it's head, it was full of spots and all. Then we spotted the second one a little smaller coming through the corn parallel to the fist. Well the two little guys/gals got within 15 yards of my boy and I. Then big ears spotted us and didn't know what to do, ears forward and all trying to figure what those things were standing in the middle of the lane.....about that thime, I was buzzed by a hummingbird..scared the crap out of me! came within inches of my head and went and sat in the tree along side of the lane...well my movements took care of scaring off the little guys...but my son thought that we should have had the camera hunting last nite!!! ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

Re: Should have had the camera!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:24:12 AM »
Good story....Thanks for sharing it.. I do take a camera with me but it's does not have a good lens.. My wife keeps telling me to take hers which does have a zoom lens on it...Told her I do not want to get Poison Ivy on her's.

Neat thing about chuck hunting you do get to see a hear a lot of wild life. Something how those fawn can stay motionless for long periods of times too... What does give them away...Jus what Pagoosehunter said...Those big ears..

I have been noticing like he also said the different sizes of fawns.  Some are quite large already...Others look like they were just born last week...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:24:38 AM by uncle buck »

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »
Goose,
A "hummingbird"..................??  Must of been them "gummy bears" you had stashed in your beard. ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:39:21 AM »
LongTail...it was my hat "Blaze Orange"...the darn thing musta thought I was one heck of a big flower!! ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member