Author Topic: Yotes in the Spring?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Yotes in the Spring?
« on: June 14, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »
Anybody hunting yotes in the spring?  Is it ethical to do so?  Seems it may be easier to call them in.  

Also, any feed back on the Johnny Stewart Predator call?  I like the Fox Pro but I can't see spending that much money for the amount of time i will use it.  I like the mouth calls but it is tough when i am hunting by myself at night, too much movement.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:28:50 AM »
I know some hunt during all times of the year.  as far as if it is ethical it all depends on what you consider ethical.  I do not think that any one man sets the standards for all.  but if you kill a coyote I doubt you will have a negative impact on the numbers for fall.  
as far as the johnny stwert call it is a good one for the money the wire gets to be a pain after a while but it will definately call critters in.  also check out some of our custom callmakers calls.  any other questions just ask.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
spring yote hunting
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
i guess ethical i meant when are the pups weaned.   never had a problem with taking a dog but letting the pups starve doesn't seem on the up and up, but i would shoot one.  go figure.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:20:20 AM »
then I would guess that you think it is ethical to hunt them then.  it is up to you.  I do not but that is because or other stuff going on in my life.  have at em and when ya get one post some pics :)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

BP

Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 04:40:27 PM »
I don't hunt them in the spring/summer mainly because of other activities.  Now if the Smallmouth stop biting...

I'd have no problem killing a coyote in the spring or summer, including Mom.  I personally prefer to protect fawns over coyotes. Just my opinion.

If you're worried about calling movement, try a diaphram mouth call. You could buy 300 of them with the money you save not buying the Foxpro.  :lol:

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:03:52 PM »
They do take many fawns, so I don't have a problem.  As far as Foxpro, check Mike's website. The 416B is on sale at a great price. Wish I could swing another one.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

BP

Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »
I saw that, pretty good deal. I wish I could swing the first one!

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
Yotes in the Spring?
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:35:39 PM »
I know some hunt during all times of the year. as far as if it is ethical it all depends on what you consider ethical. I do not think that any one man sets the standards for all. but if you kill a coyote I doubt you will have a negative impact on the numbers for fall.
as far as the johnny stwert call it is a good one for the money the wire gets to be a pain after a while but it will definately call critters in. also check out some of our custom callmakers calls. any other questions just ask.

As they say ( nail on the head)

The JS is all you will ever need. the wire is a pain :D
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR