Author Topic: Yea Right  (Read 4423 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Yea Right
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:08:27 AM »
YEA right. A TUNKANNOCK hunter failed the polygraph test miserably on the Mosquito Creek hunt. He blames hitting his head on the roof going down stairs and not taking his diabetes medication. He has retained a lawyer. He forfeited thousand of dollors in prize money
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:11:20 AM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

Re: Yea Right
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
Ever notice that people do this once they caught at something... Right away they run to the lawyer???????????

I hate that when people go and hurt or kill someone and right away you hear their family on the tube... Then one of the relatives say "Oh they are a good boy or a good girl.. They just were on drugs, or didn't take their medicine or they had a rough life as a kid".....

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:15:16 AM »
Ever notice that people do this once they caught at something... Right away they run to the lawyer???????????

I hate that when people go and hurt or kill someone and right away you hear their family on the tube... Then one of the relatives say "Oh they are a good boy or a good girl.. They just were on drugs, or didn't take their medicine or they had a rough life as a kid".....

Thats what the family said about the kid that shot Ofc Grow last year. Oh he's  a good person. Yet that kid had a record longer then my arm.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:31:29 AM »
Bottom line is, nobody takes responsibility for their own actions any more, its always somebody else or somethings fault and i am sick of hearin how nice and kind and what good people all these murderers, druggies, rapists, child molesters etc are, sorry for the rant

district #1

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
the problem is this guy is prob gonna win his money anyhow plus more.  he had signed up before the announcment of the polygraph test.  if they would have told everyone that signed up at the time they signed up then it would be different and this guy wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  and if the association asked the right questions I am willing to bet that most if not all the hound guys would have been disqualified.  but they didn't want to hurt the cash flow.  they busted one guy to make an example and hoped it would end there.  but they busted the wrong guy.  don't ya just love lawyers?  I know some people will go running to one as soon as they think they are being mistreated everytime. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
I think the lie detector thing was ridiculous. If people wanna cheat they will cheat. BigBen also makes a valid point about them not announcing it until after most people were already entered. Big mistake!  They either should have held off until next year or (better yet) canned the whole idea.  I doubt that many people cheat and the "losers" are always gonna whine/lie/make excuses for not being a "winner".  I fish a lot of tournaments and see/hear it all the time. 

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
Bdawg hit it right on the head.Let,s face it there will always be cheats and liars.Still lots of good people you just have to look harder.I,m old school-look me in the eye-give me your word-Seal it with a HANDSHAKE.To me it,s that simple.Wowitan na yuonihan---have a great day-Lloyd

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
Why is this topic thread in the Predator Forum and not the Off Topic Forum.  

Nice topic for new folks to see lookin to get answers or knowledge on predator hunting.  Instead of some joker allegidly cheating for some org who probably cares nothing except for the entry fees anyway.  I havent been on here in a while and come on and see BS like this.  Nice.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:13:51 PM by Whitefeather »
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
  • There aint no such thing as too dead...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:53:16 AM »
I work full time and part time as a corrections officer at two county prisons here in central pa. I hear that all the time"it wasn't my fault, I was high or drunk" or some other piss poor excuse. It seems like nothing is ever anybodys fault anymore. I think with the amount of prize money that mosq crk gives out that a lie detector is justifiable to keep it honest.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 05:22:58 AM »
whitefeather it is predator hunting related. 

but I wonder.  polygraph tests are not good enough for court of law anyhow.  in fact this fella could be telling the truth that he didn't cheat.  and he may have hit his head on the way down the stairs along with not taking his medicine it could have threw off the machine.  mosquito creek sportsman's does do a lot for the area up there.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
If he hit his head and didn't take his medicine It sure didn't wreck his aim when he shot the coyote.. They need to give him another polygraph to see if he is lying about not lying...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:30:30 AM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
he hit his head moments before the polygraph and he didnt take his medicine.  he could have shot the coyote the day before. 

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
How is this not predator hunting related?

This was a coyote hunting contest not a bikini competition.
It also seems to be bringing some life to the forum which is really nice.

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
stuff like that is exactly why i dont get in those hunts and waste my money...that and i think they need to have separate divisions for guys calling and just running dogs...no thanks ill stick to hunting for fun

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »
the problem is this guy is prob gonna win his money anyhow plus more.  he had signed up before the announcment of the polygraph test.  if they would have told everyone that signed up at the time they signed up then it would be different and this guy wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  and if the association asked the right questions I am willing to bet that most if not all the hound guys would have been disqualified.  but they didn't want to hurt the cash flow.  they busted one guy to make an example and hoped it would end there.  but they busted the wrong guy.  don't ya just love lawyers?  I know some people will go running to one as soon as they think they are being mistreated everytime. 

I just read over on HPA that the guy sued for 4000+ and won his case against the mosquito creek sportsmans.  judge ruled in the 2nd place guy because they didn't say they were going to have a poly graph test before he signed up.